SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 2 Tone V70R Interior (The_one_n_only)

I know a source on Alcantara. My wife and I are debating about next summer maybe buying a relatively cheap '98R. I'm already building it out in my head. Not that I'd dump the money into it (okay maybe), but I'd love to do a two tone interior on one of those cars. Doing something like that with a light gray or an orange on a Saffron car would look VERY cool.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Re: 2 Tone V70R Interior ([email protected])

Where's this source, George? Do they do a good job and have OE factory or better quality? I have been thinking about doing that for the C from the day one, but never could really find a dependable shop around this area.

There was this guy in Kensington, but never seen his other projects before to let me just hand him my car.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: 2 Tone V70R Interior (The_one_n_only)

The source on Alcantara and OE cloth is through Moto Persona ( http://www.motopersona ) in Chicago. Contact there is Bryan Jocelyn, and you can say I sent you. They have done Alcantara in Audis and VWs before and it seems well done.

I have a local guy who's done work for us who is pretty good. He's a little shop, one off kind of hole in the wall, but he redid a Golf rear seat to match a set of Sparcos (New German Performance's show GTI) and I'm going to have him do some work to my Recaro that's in bad shape. His pricing is reasonable, but he's way up in Belair, MD.

The trick is that stitching that the centers have, sort of cross hatch, reminds me of the lining of a coat. You see that sort of stitching in Aston Martins also. If I could mimic it, I would. I don't know if Shorty (my guy in northern MD) can do that or not. I'm sure he probably could, but I haven't asked yet.

Kai, let me know if you need the number for Shorty. You can get moto persona's number from their website.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.