SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My s40 2.4i 2007 has been throwing a fuel sensor code but it goes away on its own then pops up again....has this happend to anyone else.
2nd question are you guys running Lucas oil stabilizer with your oil??

·
Registered
159 Posts
The fuel pressure fault with reset then set off again but the code with be stored. Time to get a new sensor. My Xc90 did this for about a year. Changed it and the thing ran significantly better with allot smoother acceleration.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I never used Lucas but I always cut my oil with a little marvel mystery oil, I'd like to think it helps lol.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I don't use any oil additives, but changing the fps did clear up some codes we were having on our t5. Got the oem one on amazon for like 50 bucks.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
I never used Lucas but I always cut my oil with a little marvel mystery oil, I'd like to think it helps lol.

When you say "a little," how much do you mean?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
No additives in the oil!

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
When you say "a little," how much do you mean?
I usually replace one quart of oil with it for the past few oil changes.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I usually replace one quart of oil with it for the past few oil changes.

See any measurable difference in performance, mpg, oil life, etc? I've always been curious about that stuff but never risked it.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
See any measurable difference in performance, mpg, oil life, etc? I've always been curious about that stuff but never risked it.
I honestly can't say for sure It's ran smooth with it for the past 3 oil changes and I notice my oil doesn't look as used when changing it but than again I change my oil every 2-3 months anyways.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Just to further comment... I've used oil additives. My car has had Mobil 1 and Motorcraft synthetic (dealer). Never had an issue related to oil and life has been fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok cool I'm thinking it's synthetic so oil is already good....but I'm in Canada and the weather is gonna start to get harsh....i real think I have a month or 2 left driving it then I will shut it down till the thaw out.....anybody know of good car covers what brand is a good brand and where o could buy from ??

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
The engine was built in Sweden! It embraces the cold haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts