SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need two Propus two piece factory Volvo wheels from C70 in 17x7.5, 5x108.
Any leads would be appreciated.
And no $600 per wheel is not in my price range.

·
Registered
12 Posts
still looking? I am about to take my summer tires (on Propus) off my V70. I have good sport rubber on all 4 ... there is a guy on turbobricks looking for 2, as well, so I guess I could break up the set if I was forced to.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two wks ago I paid 280 for (4) from a local enthusiast who bought them for cheap with rubber down to the nubs from some idiot before. I knew going into it I have a project on my hands. At least one is bent on its lip. $100 per will straighten the kind of damage mine have. I have a local guy. I have two other tireless ones I paid 50 for earlier in the year. I need to de-tire the set with rubber, degrease the entire set heavily, assess the damage further, and get at least a set of four perfect rims out of the six I have. I have only reasonably small curb rashes to repair and beautiful faces on all of them. I will be testing the waters with a good homemade paint job on the finished four I end up with (my other thread lends wheel repair suggestions I got from folks here that I intend to follow). My purchase price and repair costs to get four keeps me in the neighborhood of a fair investment.

BBSs tend to bend pretty easily on low pro tires anyway. If you want top dollar for yours, a good seller should prove they are not bent by taking them to a shop to have turned - most places will give you a few spins on tireless wheels to check trueness for free.

There are three Propus wheels, individuals, on eBay at the moment. A guy out here in WA has the cheaper one for $110 shipped and told me he'd have it spun it to assure its not bent. The other two are near mint so they claim with prices of 270 or so each shipped.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally took my 6 Propus wheels above to my straightener guy and was able to get the best four's geometry to perfect and the lips cleaned up for $350 for the set. Now to self paint, but what generic spray can color matches?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts