SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two quickies:

1) Is there a quick way to cancel a destination, rather than pause it? A voice command maybe? Right now I have to maximize the screen, hit the top banner, then hit a button, then hit a confirm button. That's a pain.

2) Similarly, any quick way to get a list of upcoming turns? That also seems to require maximizing the nav and hitting at least 2-3 incremental buttons.

I can not wait for Car Play -- this Nav is a bummer.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Two quickies:

1) Is there a quick way to cancel a destination, rather than pause it? A voice command maybe? Right now I have to maximize the screen, hit the top banner, then hit a button, then hit a confirm button. That's a pain.

2) Similarly, any quick way to get a list of upcoming turns? That also seems to require maximizing the nav and hitting at least 2-3 incremental buttons.

Yep, you have described the touch screen process for canceling a route -- 4 steps. It's on my wish list for improvements. You can do so verbally by using the voice command button on the steering wheel and saying "cancel itinerary" then confirming after prompting. It's one of the few voice commands that almost always works.

I don't know if there is a quick verbal option on seeing the upcoming turns.

·
Registered
566 Posts
"Cancel itinerary" is not working well as a command for me. After many tries it eventually reacts.
Per the manual, it should be "Clear itinerary". Try that and see if you have better results.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yep, you have described the touch screen process for canceling a route -- 4 steps. It's on my wish list for improvements. You can do so verbally by using the voice command button on the steering wheel and saying "cancel itinerary" then confirming after prompting. It's one of the few voice commands that almost always works.

I don't know if there is a quick verbal option on seeing the upcoming turns.
CarPlay isn't a saving grace here, so set expectations accordingly. Here are some issues with CarPlay:

1) The Sensus display is vertical and CarPlay was designed for horizontal/widescreen displays. As such, CarPlay can only utilize half of the Sensus display, and it uses the bottom half which is sort of the worst place for a NAV display to be as you have to take your eyes furthest off the road.

2) The instrument cluster map display doesn't use CarPlay

3) Audio track information isn't fed back to Sensus audio areas, instead it says "Audio controlled by CarPlay"

My Cadillac is a more natural CarPlay experience, track and other info makes it into CUE areas and the whole screen adapts to CarPlay. CarPlay is still in its infancy, but it's still worthwhile.

That said, obviously the audio pipe through works. I mostly use the built-in Nav, but I bring up CarPlay maps mostly to check specific traffic situations as I find the built-in trarffic service to be ridiculously bad. It says there's red traffic when there's ZERO traffic and no traffic when there's complete stop and go... I'm using the INTRAX or whatever it's called, it's worthless in Austin and Houston at least.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

Maximize and only touch one more sign, to the upper right of the screen. You will see a complete list of all turns to your final destination.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
1) Voice command "Clear Itinerary" works quite reliably

2) "Repeat Voice Guidance" - not sure about voice command but the button is there

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
You can also delete a destination very easily.
Maximize the screen
Touch the destination (upper left corner)
Options will spear...on the upper right corner you will see a trash can, touch that and it will ask you whether or not you want to delete the destination.

·
Registered
702 Posts
You can also delete a destination very easily.
Maximize the screen
Touch the destination (upper left corner)
Options will spear...on the upper right corner you will see a trash can, touch that and it will ask you whether or not you want to delete the destination.
This is an annoying flaw of the current Nav UI. There are several key features (e.g. delete destination; see turn by turn route list) that require the nav to be maximized, not simply expanded from the home view, and requires 2 clicks to get back to the home screen.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
This is an annoying flaw of the current Nav UI. There are several key features (e.g. delete destination; see turn by turn route list) that require the nav to be maximized, not simply expanded from the home view, and requires 2 clicks to get back to the home screen.
I can appreciate your desire to get there quicker. Perhaps, a near future update will correct this. Personally, I am OK with it...I like to view the Nav screen in Max mode anyway so, to me, it is OK to have this process. You can always speak to it; "clear itinerary" works 99% of the time for me.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Perhaps, a near future update will correct this. Personally, I am OK with it...I like to view the Nav screen in Max
I would hope so, it seems like a no brainer fix. The screen is beautiful in Max, I'll give it that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts