SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the hu 803 the CDs always jam so I stick another disk in when ejecting to help it out... Well this time it sucked another into the same slot !

How screwed am I haha?

Please help

·
Registered
49 Posts
At least I would assume you are. I got rid of my stock unit as soon as possible. Sometimes customers at work jam 2 CDs in their single disc head units (I don't know how) and they're SOL. However that's just my experience.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
If you're cheap I'd just go get a GROM unit and forget the CD player is even there... My next upgrade is a GROM. Or depending whether you're an iOS or android guy go get a CarPlay or equivalent android headunit.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
youre toast. if you have the time and patience, the entire HU can be disassembled. and possibly unjammed. lots of little screws. ive done it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really wouldn't know where to begin taking a radio apart ...could a reputable stereo place do it?

Or anyone selling a hu 803 cuz I'll just smash mine to get the cd out I need

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I really wouldn't know where to begin taking a radio apart ...could a reputable stereo place do it?

Or anyone selling a hu 803 cuz I'll just smash mine to get the cd out I need
Guy in Lebanon CT is selling an HU803 in the classifieds section. Idk if it the HU is VIN specific or something...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts