SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on a 04 xc70 2.5t. It doesnt develop any boost. It pulls about 13in/hg vacuum at idle, My old R would do 15in at the same elevation (4600ft) also the vacuum doesnt change with decel. When I got WOT ill get about 3psi for a second (spike) and then falls back to zero. Also at WOT I occasionally feel a little blip of boost but quickly goes away. I found one vacuum line that was disconnected and fixed that, i tried a good tcv and no change, I replaced all the lines pictured because they were kinda cracked. Checked all the tcv lines and they all seemed fine. Checked all the clamps on the cold side for tightness. Car has 145k. What else can I check? No check engine light. Runs fine other than no boost lol.

·
Super Moderator
3,795 Posts
Could there be an issue with your turbo?
The TCV (turbo control valve) is a fairly common problem on Volvos in this time frame, its a good, relatively inexpensive place to start...

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Make sure all of your intake and intercooler hoses are tight, secure and rip or hole free and make sure the charge pipe doesn't have any cracks or holes in it. Also check the EVAP hoses that are part of the hose T that comes up from through under the intake manifold and connects directly to it in the middle on top. Check all of the hoses and connections to this hose set. Picture below if the hose I'm referring to.

Auto part Pipe Wheel Metal

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts