SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, this is my first post here. Ive been lurking around for awhile mostly to help my friend with his Volvo. he has an 06 s60 2.5t with 123,000 miles. So forgive me if some of the info sounds vague. He said the low oil pressure light came on, he took it home right away. He started it up the next morning and the light did not come back on but he said it "sounded like a diesel". He drove it to a shop, they say the pcv breather hose needs replaced. He had them do that and change the oil. It runs fine now but the top end does sound a bit more "clicky" than usual IMO. What do you guys think the next step we should take is? he's on a bit of a budget and Ive got a decent amount of experience is repairing my own cars, but never a volvo.

·
Registered
253 Posts
What kind of oil did they put in? Do a glove test to see if they actually fixed the pcv.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
857 Posts
Welcome here Blue06.You are a good friend to your pal.Do what bihmook said about the glove test said to confirm.I would do a real quick oil change on the car to see if any contaminates are present.Use a low vis oil like 5/30on the first change and then get an analysis at www.blackstonelabs.com.after only 1,000 miles. That might give yu a good indicator without going nuts.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Glove test will be telling of engine sludge. Also look in the oil filler hole. If coated with sludgy deposits, expect the internal engine to be somewhat similar. The turbo engines need synthetic oil Like Mobil 1 or Pennzoil Platinum, 5w-30, maximum 5000 mile changes. The synthetic oil will clean the engine over time. Look at the oil filter for sludge. But, if the glove test inflates, the PCV system needs servicing ASAP.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Also keep in mind that the injectors are notoriously noisy.

2003 s60 2.4t fwd.
Seconded. My injectors basically sound like a typewriter when idling, that's the only thing I can relate it to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.