SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cold start up at idle makes a chirping sound. Also gets louder when you rev it in park. same as if you were accelerating. But when it reaches operating temp the sound disappears.

Ive searched and saw tcv and some valve that has 3 hoses which connects to intake mani to 2 other things

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sound is coming from the turbo sounds like a bird then when it's warmed up it disappears. No sounds coming from the accessories. Coming from the back by the turbo.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might be an exhaust leak by the downpipe, and when the car warms up the metal could be expanding just enough to silence the leak.
my car has 64I I don't drive it in the snow. Nothings modified. No signs or smell of fumes. Coming from turbo for sure. only when it starts to spool it makes the noise. Under vacuum it doesn't do it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
64k so if you rev it being in vacuum it doesn't do it but rev it to were it builds boost it will make the noise.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
64k so if you rev it being in vacuum it doesn't do it but rev it to were it builds boost it will make the noise.
my car has 64I I don't drive it in the snow. Nothings modified. No signs or smell of fumes. Coming from turbo for sure. only when it starts to spool it makes the noise. Under vacuum it doesn't do it.
Well first, if by "rev" you mean in park and giving the car throttle, the engine does not produce boost. Only in drive and physically moving will the car make positive pressure.

Also, it doesn't matter if the car has only 64K or is stock, there still could be an exhaust and/or boost leak, which by your description, sounds like the case.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok according to my boost gauge if idling slowly rev it before it hits 0 on the gauge it's fine. But if you mash on the throttle it will make the noise. Same in drive you ease the throttle and not pass 0 it's fine but once you mash the throttle it makes the noise. Only cold start but once it's warmed up it's gone

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's coming from the turbo for sure cause when I took off my intake kit and put the stock box back in it's not as bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts