SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New to this forum... I am looking at used 2003-2004 XC90's. I have been doing alot of research on both the 2.5T and the T6. And, I am getting alot of conflicting answers regarding the T6 in regards to reliability, fuel mileage.

I have not read any posts here regarding towing, so here is my question:

I will be pulling a 3,500 lb. ski boat (total weight w. trailer, fuel & gear) 2-3 weekends a month for 4-5 months a year. 150 miles round trip to the lake of mostly flat backroad driving. Can I easily use the 2.5T for this task, or should I really be looking at the T6?

Also, I am leaning toward a 2003 model (price). Any issues with a 2003 T6? is the 2004 T6 a better choice?

Thank you all for a great forum!

Thanks, Scott K.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 2.5T or T6 - which one is better and more reliable for towing 3,500 lb. boat (seattlexc90)

Thank you for the reply seattlexc90...

I tried searching for XC90 T6 issues on the entire swedespeed forum, and came up with very little. Do you have a suggestion on what keywords to search on?

I am currently looking into a used 2003 XC90 T6, in nice condition, 46,000 miles, Vers. pkg, 3rd row seat, wood wheel, ext warranty. However, I am getting nowhere with the dealer on the price. They are not going anywhere below $34,000. I see eBay and other sites with sold XC90's showing the same car with and w/o ext. warranty for $24,000-$27,000.

Thanks, Scott K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.