SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 2.5T AWD that sings (high pitched whine) in heavy rain. the noise is not speed dependant and stops when the engine is put under load or within 10-15 seconds of coming to a stop. I had an 03 S60 AWD that did the same thing in the new england rain & snow. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I have a 2008 2.5T AWD that sings (high pitched whine) in heavy rain. the noise is not speed dependant and stops when the engine is put under load or within 10-15 seconds of coming to a stop. I had an 03 S60 AWD that did the same thing in the new england rain & snow. Any ideas?
This is caused by the driveshaft rubbing on the exhaust resonator. When cold water gets on the hot exhaust it bends just enough to rub. It can be eliminated by removing the centre resonator from the exhaust and replacing it with just a straight pipe piece.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
This is caused by the driveshaft rubbing on the exhaust resonator. When cold water gets on the hot exhaust it bends just enough to rub. It can be eliminated by removing the centre resonator from the exhaust and replacing it with just a straight pipe piece.

A worthy upgrade!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts