SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2001 v70xc with a completely gone tranny and am replacing it with a m66 from a R series. I began to wonder how difficult it would be to swap the entire engine over. The donor car is a 2006 s60r. I understand that the r block has dual vvt and the 01 v70xc has single vvt system but is it possible (has it been successfully done by anyone) to use the dual vvt (rewire it something). Also I was wondering the extent of plug-n-play the swap was. Also if anyone knows a tuner that they would suggest for this project. Thank you all for spending time to read this :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
There are ways to disable the intake VVT. You'll need a tune.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
I've heard Hilton or speedtuning are the two that are offering successful manual swaps right now. They would also be the ones to ask about dual VVT.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I'd honestly just swap the cradles. And struts obviously. Leave the tranny and engine bolted to the subframe and swap everything at once. You will need to swap the rack and alternator if you do it that way. The XC doesn't have speed sensitive steering. What you're looking for is an intake VVT block off plate and the position the camshaft needs to be welded at to the (now disabled) VVT hub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts