SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do my commuting solo (home to Metro and back) on not all smooth or straight roads. The passenger side seat belt buckle was driving me crazy banging on the hard plastic door post. This is two layers of self-adhesive felt from Jo Ann Fabric that has solved the problem. Color is not a match, but what they had. I'm not sure what $2.50 converts to in Kronas, but I'm guessing it may be enough to break the bank. :(

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I've not had this issue. The passenger seat belt stays pretty taut and never heard it banging against the B pillar :confused:

·
Registered
433 Posts
I do my commuting solo (home to Metro and back) on not all smooth or straight roads. The passenger side seat belt buckle was driving me crazy banging on the hard plastic door post. This is two layers of self-adhesive felt from Jo Ann Fabric that has solved the problem. Color is not a match, but what they had. I'm not sure what $2.50 converts to in Kronas, but I'm guessing it may be enough to break the bank. :(
It drives me crazy too even only for my 6 miles commute a day. You think the felt will leave a residue or discolor the panel after a while?

n

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Mine does this after a passenger has been in the car. It seems it does not retract all
the way after a passenger gets out (probably depends on how the passenger undoes
the belt). If I reach over and pull the buckle portion down and the belt out a small bit and
let it retract fully then I don't have the banging. My older Volvos did this, too.

I wonder if there is some variation on where that little button is that holds
the buckle at a certain location that makes it different car to car? You can see it
here on driver side and on my car (here) it seems the resting point is too high
for the added padding Sealy did :

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
It drives me crazy too even only for my 6 miles commute a day. You think the felt will leave a residue or discolor the panel after a while?

n
I wouldn't worry about residue or discoloration, consider it a permanent fix.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Lol, I've noticed this myself...I usually just turn the music up more. Good idea though.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Mine does that all the time.
My solution: buckle the seat belt on the passenger side even if there's no one sitting there (which is most of the time). Problem solved.
I do this as well... I don't mind the idea of a fabric patch but I don't like how it looks so out of place.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
After I drop my daughter off to school, I have to lean over and position the buckle properly so it doesn't rattle against the side. It drove me crazy if I didn't. Love your solution!

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Lol, I've noticed this myself...I usually just turn the music up more. Good idea though.
Sounds like Volvo's recommended fix for my car's suspension noises. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not a bad idea OP. I have noticed the same especially if the passenger side buckle gets twisted.

Then again I have a car seat in my car and random other stuff that bangs around so I've gotten used to it. :)

I do this as well... I don't mind the idea of a fabric patch but I don't like how it looks so out of place.
On beige a little bit, but if you have black interior should look okay with black felt.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yep my P2 is like this, after a passenger was in the car I sometimes have to reach over an extend and retract the belt to go into the taut position.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts