SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking about going 3.0" from my current stock 2.5" setup. Will I see nice gains (I know the dp will help a lot, but what about with a 3" high flow cat?) and hear a noticeable difference in exhaust note? Thanks all.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Re: 2.5" turbo-back exhaust to 3.0" performance gains? (Revolve40)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Revolve40</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So I'm thinking about going 3.0" from my current stock 2.5" setup. Will I see nice gains (I know the dp will help a lot, but what about with a 3" high flow cat?) and hear a noticeable difference in exhaust note? Thanks all.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>You will notice it is louder. Also the stock is 2.25 not 2.5.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

I've posted this on other threads, but here's what my car sounded like the day I had the evolve exhaust put on. I had intake, intercooler, and RICA st.1 at the time. If I'm driving on the highway for dozens of miles, I start to notice it, but as soon as I get off the ramp and punch the gas, it reminds me why I love it...<p>The video was taken by a friend standing at my rear bumper when I took off. I don't own a great camera but it gives you an idea if you can disregard the static. You should turn your volume up as soon as he says "GO."<p><A HREF="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kitly-pf_AE" TARGET="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kitly-pf_AE</A>

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 2.5" turbo-back exhaust to 3.0" performance gains? (mattdoc)

That sounds sick. I forgot to mention that I have the Heico 2.5" catback system, but am thinking about upgrading to a custom turboback 3" system (dp, cat, muffler). Thoughts?

·
Registered
9,114 Posts

I dont recommend anything other than 3" turboback for ANY turbo setup whether stock or not. Especially with increased boost over stock setting. Turbos potential is based off its ability to flow exhaust thru and past the turbine as fast and freely as possible. Free flowing exhaust allows for easier and quicker ability to get the turbine spinning which in turn allows the production of power via the compressor.<p>Over the 2.5" you may notice a bit quicker spool, overall deeper tone, and future potential to create more power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts