SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
547 Posts
Re: 2.5 inch VS 3.0 inch cat back exhaust opinions (slo-vo)

Quote, originally posted by slo-vo »
lets face it are we really going to see and have a performance difference on the S40 with the larger diameter piping?

Then just stick with the stocker if that is your logic.

If I had to choose I would go 3", the bigger the better on a turbo application. Will the extra .5" net you a huge difference on our cars? No, but the extra diameter cannot hurt.

· Registered
547 Posts
Re: 2.5 inch VS 3.0 inch cat back exhaust opinions (slo-vo)

Quote, originally posted by slo-vo »

that was my question is the 1/2 difference worth it performance wise on a S40 paying 60% more for the 3 inch? your thought is huge difference "NO..................... but extra diameter cannot hurt"

Will the extra .5" net you a huge difference on our cars? No

It is up to you if paying the extra cash is worth it, it is relative to how much money you have to blow. If you can afford the 3" then I would go for that.

· Registered
547 Posts
Re: 2.5 inch VS 3.0 inch cat back exhaust opinions (volvoNB)

Quote, originally posted by volvoNB »
If you don't mind the noise then you can do 3". Noise is an issue for me so I'm sticking to 2.5".

That is not entirely true, just because the piping is a larger diameter does not mean it will be louder. Depends on the muffler/resonator setup the exhaust comes with.

My friend has a 3.5" exhaust on his evo and it is pretty quite, I have seen some car with 2.5" exhaust that are very loud.

If it makes a difference I will be going with the Evolve 3" system, which is now available, within the next couple weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.