SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

2 4 C or not 2 4 C - Planning for the future...

641 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  volvoluin 
#1 ·
My 4 C set up is pretty young, and will hopefully last me for a good while longer...but, in a world where replacements become increasingly hard or impossible to find would you:

A) buy a set now to have on hand for the future?
B) not care, and just find a great aftermarket set up that is an enjoyable ride/drive

Just playing around with ideas in my head...so thought I’d share.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#2 ·
My 4 C set up is pretty young, and will hopefully last me for a good while longer...but, in a world where replacements become increasingly hard or impossible to find would you:

A) buy a set now to have on hand for the future?
B) not care, and just find a great aftermarket set up that is an enjoyable ride/drive

Just playing around with ideas in my head...so thought I'd share.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Option B. Someone mentioned on the other thread that shocks have a shelf life. Option A is a gamble to me.

#3 ·
I just replaced all my 4C shocks and struts with Monroe units, so I'm good for a while. When these need replacement (hopefully years from now), I will likely make the move to coilovers...assuming the rumors about the discontinuation of the Monroe units are true.

#5 ·
I went through two sets of 4Cs, decided not to bother with a 3rd set at 150k miles. $1200 (Monroe prices) for non-rebuildable struts that only last 75,000 miles on a car that is worth $5000 is a joke.

Went with Bilstein B8s in the front (drop in replacement), and Bilstein B6s in the rear. 25,000 miles later, deleting 4C is easily the best decision I've made. Bilsteins last 100,000 miles no problem, and can be rebuilt by anyone locally.

Check my signature for how to prepare Bilsteins for the rear, they don't drop in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.