SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm throwing the 2-3-2 code, and have been for about the last week now. I keep resetting it, as I haven't had the time to more deeply look into the problem and I hate seeing that check engine light on. Here is my question for you all. Has anyone dealt with this problem before? I inspected the vacuum lines and found one with a slight leak, but I replaced it last night, only to get the code again this morning. I have thermal wrapped the downpipe (stock), so is it possible that I'm overheating the O2? The only other thing I've changed is I replaced the factory air filter with a K&N unit, but I seriously doubt that has done anything. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you use the K&N 57i kit or a replacement filter? With open kits you could experience this 'problem'. 2-3-2 means mixture too rich or lean at idling.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used a K&N drop in... but i did "open up" the air box a little. Why would an "open" element cause this code? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
You may have a leak in the IC or in the hoses connecting the turbo to the TB. It will suck air during idle and leak boost during load. Also check the IAM and hoses. They have been an issue for many.

Cheers
Prospero

·
Registered
12 Posts
As soon as you start drilling holes in the original airbox the lambda-light will come on. You can reset it, but it will come back after a while I assure you. But is can't harm, it just is a bit anoying....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If that's true, how do people with aftermarket filters avoid the code? Or is it not possible? And what is it about modifying the air box that cause the code to throw? Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts