SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I hope they work...if not, I may enlist Kaizai's and/or Delval's help!

These are some pictures I took today, it was raining earlier on so the exhaust got dirty! I may update later on!

As you can see, the exhaust tip ends just inside the bottom lip of the rear bumper, perfect!!!

TME/iPd Exhaust 1st pic
TME/iPd Exhaust 2nd pic bumper cutaway
V70 T5 M w/ iPd/TME sport exhaust
108-lbs. Doberman inside V70 T5 guarding new exhaust! Do not need to lock car

Since I am new at this, I might as well go for the gusto and try to show you my Red calipers; have had them painted about two months ago, three coats w/ 500+ degree F paint!
Left Rear wheel RED caliper
Left Front wheel RED caliper

Yannis

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quote:

Originally posted by TurbobrickT5:
Yannis,
So did you have to cat away the bottom of the bumper to put the exhaust? It look great by the way!

Hey, just take a look again...I added some extra pictures...it took me a while since it is my first time doing this...

I did have to TRIM (less than 1/8 of an inch) with a special bit in order to add distance from the end of the bumper to the end of the exhaust tip (as I mentioned previously, the tip was almost touching the bumper and it ended up melting what I shaved off). Everyting else fit just about perfectly!

Yannis

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
yannis, i have to say....im in love!
that looks awsome...i was going to get ipd's other tip, the round one, but since i seen that i think it will suit my car better.

well done!

michael.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
I think it isn't long enough.
Not for the looks but for the fumes.
Looks are good!

edit: wrong picture link.

[This message has been edited by Johann (edited 09-16-2002).]

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Johann:

I think it isn't long enough.
Not for the looks but for the fumes.
Looks are good!

edit: wrong picture link.

[This message has been edited by Johann (edited 09-16-2002).]
Johann,

in all honesty, yes, I would have liked it to have been another 3-4 cm longer. But I am happy the way it is. I don't think fumes are going to be a problem...I will make sure that they get expelled far away!!!

WHat do you mean "wrong picture link"??? Yu have different web addresses there....

Yannis

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by volvo5spd:
Very nice dude...esp your security pic!
Yannis,

I'm so sorry but I think I f'd up your pics by hard linking to it.
Please remove the image tag's in the quote of your reply to my post...(pfff)
Direct linking is denied because you do not have a paid account but I did even worse so I think they removed the pics.
Once the hard link is gone the pics should be uploaded again to be viewable I guess.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys...I feel good about it, too plus I love the way the car sounds and drives. The exhaust did get a bit louder (just a little) after a hundred miles as someone at work warned me. I wish I could modify more and faster but I feel blessed to have been able to do "all this" in the approximately 18 months that I have owned the car. Having a little one makes you think twice about spending money on a car.

Johann, my pictures are still there so whatever "sabotage" you did, try again! j/k.

I was just surprised to have seen my user name as part of the web address in your post!

Yannis

·
Registered
287 Posts
The new exhaust looks AWESOME! (And I like the Doberman shot, too...) Hey, those aren't the stock valve-stem caps, are they? Mine are black. Do Tethys rims come with fancier caps, or are those something you bought separately? Just wondering.

[Modified by Lisa62, 1:27 PM 9-21-2002]

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Lisa62)

Hi Lisa,

Thanks! Yes, those valve caps are "BBS" steel caps; swiped them out of a 2002 C70 Coupe. The customer absolutely hated them. I told him in a New York minute "I will take them"!!! I can't see why he did not like them but, hey, who am I to argue? http://********************/smile/emwink.gif

As far as the Doberman pic...I wish it was more clear...next time I take picture. He is a very handsome dog; he truly is my buddy. He loves both my wife and my son but he and I have a very special bond. I have never had a dog as devoted and ready to do whatever for me...If only humans were half as devoted this world would be a much better and safer place! BTW, his name is Ermes (a.k.a. Mercury in Latin); he was one of the 12 Olympian gods in Greek mythology. he was the messenger and had wings on his ankles because he could "fly". I named my dog that because he is extremely fast when he runs; I think only a Greyhound or a Whippet could outrun him... http://********************/smile/emsmileo.gif

Yannis

·
Registered
287 Posts
Re: (GrecianVolvo)

quote:

...I think only a Greyhound or a Whippet could outrun him...
Yeah, or a red T5 with a new iPd exhaust and red-painted calipers... Ha ha ha.

Anyway, that's neat that you put some thought into naming him!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts