SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1999 Volvo S70 T5 SE - K-W, Ontario, Canada

Selling the car for my mom who has owned it for a few years. The only issues we had during our ownership was a bad ABS modulator, and a radiator, both which were repaired and have not produced any issue since.

We purchased the car off the original owner. Car is black on grey suede/leather interior. Body is in good condition considering the age of the car, a few scuffs and dings but nothing major, no evidence of any accidents, and zero rust.

As you guys/gals know, the T5 model trim is loaded with all options - front and side airbags, power locks, windows, sunroof, stability control, traction control, rear spoiler, fog lights, etc. The air-conditioning still works and blows cold.

The vehicle will likely need minor work for safety, such as e-brake cables and maybe rear brake pads. For some reason the passenger side door doesn't lock, and the keyless remote is broken. It was just emission tested in April and passed with flying colours.

Not really sure what it's worth... so I'm asking $4000, negotiable, sold as-is. Car is located in Waterloo, Ontario.

Please contact me at freddddd at gmail.com

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
You may want to post this is a T5 SE

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Wow, very nice! How many miles/km?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. All of the 'T5 SE' cars I've seen have a 'SE' badge beside the 'T5'. So I don't think mine is a SE... because that would mean someone removed the badge.

It's an automatic. 252,000km. Car drives great though!

I should mention that I left the engine bay dirty intentionally... so that a potential buyer can see I'm not trying to hide any issues.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Those are most definitely the SE interior and seats... so unless someone swapped the seats and door panels... it's an SE.

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Thanks guys. All of the 'T5 SE' cars I've seen have a 'SE' badge beside the 'T5'. So I don't think mine is a SE... because that would mean someone removed the badge.

It's an automatic. 252,000km. Car drives great though!

I should mention that I left the engine bay dirty intentionally... so that a potential buyer can see I'm not trying to hide any issues.
The '99 T5 SE did not have a the "SE" badge on the back of the car like '98.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
What radio does it have?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Definitely an SE

·
Registered
33 Posts
Don't want to hijack the thread, but my '98 T5 has the same seats and same radio in it, and the original window sticker says "limited edition," but there's no SE badge. I take it the badge is the wrong way to tell, then?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Simple, well-maintained...nice. If only it was a stick.

So, for those of you more experienced in this sort of thing, how hard and expensive is it to buy a car in Canada and move it to New York?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Is registering a Canadian car in the US very difficult?

But, you should keep this and do a manual swap on it. Parts are like $500 and the rest is putting it in. There are enough SS'ers up there to do it on a weekend.

That said, if this weren't 12 hours away I would consider it! Looks great!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts