SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 1999 V70R in silver (not sure which one) that needs a new trans and drive CV Axle. Looks like a great car to grab if you are looking for a simple project. I would have bought it and tried to bring it back to life to finally have a V70R, as I have been looking for one for a few years, but i have too many projects as is. SO i thought that I would pass on this great find to you guys, and possibly help the guy out that owns it as he wants it gone so that he can get something else.

Here is the craigslist posting

(hope I did this correctly so that I dont upset the mods)

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/pts/3120925819.html

his number is 813-862-5185 and you can call or text him, car looks like it is in good shape.

If there are any V70R guys that would help and allow me to fix it at their place (my HOA does not allow it) in orlando I would be able to offer them some performance parts or fabrication skills in return. Or if there is anyone in the orlando area that wants to go halfs on it and part it out Im good with that too. Just PM me or text me (321)3566663.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I am not seeing anything in that pic that would indicate it is truly an R. That is a standard front bumper and we cant see the interior etc.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
If it's AWD with those wheels, the odds are in it's favor that it's a real R. I bet it got into a collision at some point over it's 310,000 miles and the insurance company paid for the wrong bumper.

In any case, it doesn't sound like this guy is much of a Volvo nut. Probably knows nothing about them, especially since he wants to trade for a Dodge Neon.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Steering wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts