SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up this car when I bought my M58 5spd for the new Saffron. The guy wouldn't split up the car and swap so selling the car to help pay for the install.
Here's what I know from the previous owner.
He did the motor swap, had it tuned and showed off at a car show leaving and gernaded the transmission with the new found power.
Bought a Canadian V70AWD 5spd to swap in and never did.
What I can tell you;
B5234T9 Motor swap
180k on body
132k on motor
Interior very clean and original, door panels super clean
Has original floor mats, tools, spare tire and manuals
3rd row seats
Body clean
Runs good, no bad motor noise
Downpipe needs attention, looks like weld broke
Tires iffy

Thats all folks!!

Will deliver In the tri state area if needed.

Car is located in Olive NY 12412

More photos

https://ibb.co/album/eGZUTv

Price $1800.00 OBO

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Put those comets on the Saffron

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
I'm kinda confused......this is a way better platform to build on than the Saffron.....

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Saff 98 > Silver 99

COP conversion and tuning for 98 isn't difficult at all

Only thing this car needs to be great is a trans....as opposed to literally everything.

There is a reason I am doing literally everything to my 850R. Because that's what -99 cars need to be that good. Had I known how easy it was to properly delete P80 AWD when I bought that car, I would have bought a 2000 V70R instead. Then my entire teardown and rebuild and I'm going to dump this whole mess on SteveO to figure out how to make it be good as it should be would just be an engine and trans swap and have Steve tune it and then I drive home.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh boy, Now i'm confused. Bought this car because is had a whole M58 swap in the truck and the wifey and I prefer manual.
Thought I'd just sell it to fund the swap in the Saffron. Now i'm feeling its worth more than the $1500 in parts I got offered last night. I just hate keeping stuff for the maybe I will one day.....
Need Volvo therapy

·
Registered
304 Posts
Only thing this car needs to be great is a trans....as opposed to literally everything.

There is a reason I am doing literally everything to my 850R. Because that's what -99 cars need to be that good. Had I known how easy it was to properly delete P80 AWD when I bought that car, I would have bought a 2000 V70R instead. Then my entire teardown and rebuild and I'm going to dump this whole mess on SteveO to figure out how to make it be good as it should be would just be an engine and trans swap and have Steve tune it and then I drive home.
True, you have to plan on either mass replace, or bits and pieces replace parts on 850's at this point in their life cycles. Because unless you find an oddball, they are all at 250k and around 25 years old. I am perhaps crazy, but to me it is great to rebuild a whole car from the guts out and know it like your child. Personally I far prefer the whole feel of the -99 era Volvo. Both the road feel and the interior design of the 850's or backward to the 740, 240, 960 etc, surpasses the stuff Ford did with the redesigns. I know people love the 60's and 70's cars but every time I am in one I can't wait till I exit it.

At least it seems Volvo has taken it back toward the right direction since Ford got out of Volvo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts