SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD 1999 V70R ready and waiting to modded (Chicago area)

Hey there! I posted before and completely forgot my login, so here goes try number 2.
I'm selling my 99 V70R due to a demanding job, planning a wedding and saving up for my first house. Just don't have time to work on it at all.

Here's the stats:
1999 V70R
All Wheel Drive
Automatic
Silver ext., black int.
187k miles
Power locks, Power windows, Power Heated Seats
Sun Roof-Moon Roof
3 CD changer
Being sold as-is

Have replaced: catalytic converter, alternator, side mirror, throttle control, heater core, air flow sensor, some suspension parts, front brakes, hoses, and caliper. Timing belt is in good condition - haven't replaced it as we got it at 179k-ish mi, so assumed it had been replaced by previous owner. No problems shifting or accelerating, no other related issues.

Quirks: Power Seats are intermittently sticky at extremes (may just need grease). Driver's side door doesn't fully lock when key fob is used, but works perfectly when manual key is used. Trunk Door is missing spring in Mechanism, so needs to be checked when closing. Rims are not original and were scratched by previous owner. Grill is not original, but does have the R logo. IPD Exhaust (Tips only?). Parking break needs to be fixed.

Perks: Non-smoking owners. Super fun to drive fast and does very well in the snow! Has winter mode. New heater fan and heated seats work great. Body and seats are all in good condition. The window buttons have that sticky feeling that older volvos get, but otherwise the interior is great! Speakers are good, 3 CD player and radio and tape deck all in great condition. Comes with a set of new OEM spark plugs, one key with fob and an additional key. With new wheels it will look like a million bucks.

For $3000 (or best offer) it can be yours!
Located in the western suburbs of Chicago.
Available for test drives by appointment.
Email me at: [email protected]

Photos: https://imgur.com/a/qz1Vs and https://imgur.com/a/WeHsF

Update: Got it checked out today by my garage and they said it's still in great shape other than the parking break not working. Happy to send along detailed maintenance records and the info from today's check to seriously interested buyer.

Second update: cleared up some details above.

CAR NO LONGER AVAILABLE

·
Registered
50 Posts
1999 V70R ready in chicago

Hi,

Any reason why I could not drive the car to Seattle after picking it up? I just bought my 42 year old son a '98 V70R same color as yours. I kind of like it so am looking for another one for a weekend fun car to mod.

Thanks,
MA

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just bought my 42 year old son a '98 V70R same color as yours.

Thanks,
MA
If you want to trade your son in for a newer model I'm only 37... But I would also like a 98 V70R, preferably in saffron...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Any reason why I could not drive the car to Seattle after picking it up? I just bought my 42 year old son a '98 V70R same color as yours. I kind of like it so am looking for another one for a weekend fun car to mod.

Thanks,
MA
Replied via email. Seattle might be too far to take it as-is. Would make it anywhere in the Midwest without a problem, though. I do short trips with it frequently, but haven't done a marathon trip and would be a little nervous in mountainous areas. Thanks for inquiring!

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Hmmm only 900 miles from CT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts