SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first volvo about a month ago and things have gone downhill. Excessive smoke when cold, surging while accelerating, stalling, power loss and as of today it will not idle at all and there is almost zero throttle response when it does idle (it will then stall within 10-15 seconds :( I haven't got much further than cleaning the MAF sensor.
CEL is on with the following codes:
P1133
P0036
P0136
From what I can tell and what I've read, it seems like a throttle issue (duh?) but I'm wondering what the best line of attack it to solve the issue. Any input it great;ly appreciated!!
Cheers

·
Registered
142 Posts
First off , go through all visible ground contacts and clean them up. There are actually quite a few of them on both sides of the motor. Including battery.
Second would be to check the plugs.....if you see an oily black one , you may need to replace the plug and the coil pack.
one bad plug can set off a chain reaction. The smoke may also be a blow by from worn rings ...run a heavier oil.
what temperature are we talking about ...Northern Sweden, Narvick , Florida, Texas???? No idle could be a plugged fuel filter.
Start pulling vacum hoses and blowing into them from one end to see if you have leaks.
These are all cheap fixes...start with them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts