SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping for some advice on a 1999 V70 NA that I acquired about a month ago. The car has a hard start due to the Cam sensor not being read. Permanent ECM-3000 code is displayed (Faulty signal to Cam sensor), and will not clear. Furthermore, the engine will cut out and stall after driving it for about 15 minuets. After it stalls, I can start it back up and drive it for another 15 minuets. After trying 3 different cam sensors, I found that pin 47 on the harness was not outputting the right voltage. I checked the wiring, and concluded that it was fine. More than likely (I thought) the Denso ECU was on it’s last legs. After installing a new ECU today, nothing has changed. At this point, I figured I must’ve missed something with the wiring, so... I took the ECU out, found the right pins, and made my own harness outside of the stock one for the Cam sensor. And no, I usually do not chop apart harnesses, but what else could it be, right? Didn’t solve a thing. The only thing I find weird is that the Fuel pump relay will click when touching the positive prong from the multi-meter to pin 47, which was the pin getting low voltage. Even with my own wiring harness, the voltage is still low.

List of parts replaced so far:
-New ECU was programmed
-Direct wiring from the ECU to the Cam sensor
-New Cam and Crank sensors (OEM)
-New ECU relay

I’m out of ideas on this one. I suspected the fuel pump relay, but a fuel pump relay will show a separate fault on VIDA. Plus, I tried bypassing it with no success. Really sucks because the car is pretty clean and drives awesome... when it drives. Don’t really want to scrap it... but I’m out of ideas.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hoping for some advice on a 1999 V70 NA that I acquired about a month ago. The car has a hard start due to the Cam sensor not being read. Permanent ECM-3000 code is displayed (Faulty signal to Cam sensor), and will not clear. Furthermore, the engine will cut out and stall after driving it for about 15 minuets. After it stalls, I can start it back up and drive it for another 15 minuets. After trying 3 different cam sensors, I found that pin 47 on the harness was not outputting the right voltage. I checked the wiring, and concluded that it was fine. More than likely (I thought) the Denso ECU was on it’s last legs. After installing a new ECU today, nothing has changed. At this point, I figured I must’ve missed something with the wiring, so... I took the ECU out, found the right pins, and made my own harness outside of the stock one for the Cam sensor. And no, I usually do not chop apart harnesses, but what else could it be, right? Didn’t solve a thing. The only thing I find weird is that the Fuel pump relay will click when touching the positive prong from the multi-meter to pin 47, which was the pin getting low voltage. Even with my own wiring harness, the voltage is still low.

List of parts replaced so far:
-New ECU was programmed
-Direct wiring from the ECU to the Cam sensor
-New Cam and Crank sensors (OEM)
-New ECU relay

I’m out of ideas on this one. I suspected the fuel pump relay, but a fuel pump relay will show a separate fault on VIDA. Plus, I tried bypassing it with no success. Really sucks because the car is pretty clean and drives awesome... when it drives. Don’t really want to scrap it... but I’m out of ideas.
I had a '99 V70. Nightmare. I wish you the best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts