SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys so this is my first post here i have just recently aquired a 1999 s80 t6 and have a few questions. i realize that the 99 was prone to issues and dont plan on doing much modding but i would at least like to add a tranny cooler since i have heard the stock tranny isnt that great haha, i have a b&m 70264 trans cooler on my camaro but was wondering what you guys would recommend for the volvo and also if there is a write up out there on how to do it on this car.

another question i have is, is it possible to do an atmospheric blow off valve on a car like this or not? i have heard that because it has a recirculating bov and that the air is metered that it will harm the car to switch over??

·
Registered
105 Posts
A transmission cooler won't really help. The transmissions are too weak for the power & weight of the car and are prone to coolant contamination.

·
Registered
688 Posts
At least it's better than volvospewed.com.

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
S80's aren't exactly an enthusiast oriented car, so pickins' will be slim.

I fried the transmission on my 2002.5 S80 T6 Premier so I can feel your pain.

Installing a transmission cooler won't really help. The engine makes way too much low end torque for the transmission to cope with.

·
Registered
93 Posts
simple, my car has 110k miles and it shifts a little hard and has regular maintenance, don't slam on the gas all the time, DONT race it because its not a race car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts