SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1227 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,161
Me7 doesn’t use “boost” it just observes it. The ecu is load management dependent and targeted. Boost is a reaction to load, but also a measure of restriction. So that’s overall correct. However you just had the barn thrown at the motor off the line and, well, it didn’t like it.
yeah i know he wasnt just makin stuff up lol im just saying at this point, how do i achieve the reliability of boost by gear? You told me to do 10 - 15 - 20, but if its not a possibility what should i do?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Kinda like the XC that had the wastegate wired shut and made 25 psi....once.
I bet it felt pretty good!
yeah i know he wasnt just makin stuff up lol im just saying at this point, how do i achieve the reliability of boost by gear? You told me to do 10 - 15 - 20, but if its not a possibility what should i do?
I think limiting low RPM boost is the only real solution with your current ECU if boost by gear isn’t possible.
The 2000 ECU would be faster to respond to boost management. It’ll control the TCV better and help avoid over boost situations. I couldn’t say if it will allow boost by gear.

As a general question, how come we haven’t cracked ME7 like M4.4 yet? The VS guys have 4.4 completely dissected, meanwhile I haven’t found anything like that for 7.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,163

I think limiting low RPM boost is the only real solution with your current ECU if boost by gear isn’t possible.
The 2000 ECU would be faster to respond to boost management. It’ll control the TCV better and help avoid over boost situations. I couldn’t say if it will allow boost by gear.
If its not possible to tell 1st gear only 10 psi, would it be safe to have 18 psi in 1st gear but after 4k rpm?

·
Registered
16,248 Posts

As a general question, how come we haven’t cracked ME7 like M4.4 yet? The VS guys have 4.4 completely dissected, meanwhile I haven’t found anything like that for 7.
I think Steve has it figured out

·
Registered
16,836 Posts

Oh it’s very well understood. Just not by everyone....

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,166
he said i can't upgrade to a 2000 ecu, and he does remote dyno tuning for 150$ an hour.. plus I'd have to pay for the dyno rental.

·
Registered
16,248 Posts

·
Registered
16,248 Posts

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
Well aside from if i can or cant, he said he wont. I asked if he would be able to help me with the software side of things and he said no, so its a no go on that for me
Well then I'm not sure where this project goes from here lol

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Theres no other solution? Even just limiting boost with RPM and having it stop at like 17 or 18 pounds?
Like I said, I think the best thing to do at this point is to set up some remote tuning with Rob. Unfortunately it can get expensive, but that's what tuning a car entails!

·
Registered
16,836 Posts
Like I said, I think the best thing to do at this point is to set up some remote tuning with Rob. Unfortunately it can get expensive, but that's what tuning a car entails!
I think it needs in person tuning from someone who understands early me7.

·
Registered
16,248 Posts

·
Registered
16,836 Posts
Then it looks like you’ve arrived at your final tune. Now to go and fix the suspension, brakes and tires situation. Use that whip to make some $ so you can get it tuned properly.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,178
Then it looks like you’ve arrived at your final tune. Now to go and fix the suspension, brakes and tires situation. Use that whip to make some $ so you can get it tuned properly.

im peaking at 15 psi in any gear, u dont think its at all possible to go any more? Also AFR gauge gave out on me today (for the time being, gonna see if i can figure out why) but i cant do any more logs till thats good

·
Registered
16,836 Posts
im peaking at 15 psi in any gear, u dont think its at all possible to go any more? Also AFR gauge gave out on me today (for the time being, gonna see if i can figure out why) but i cant do any more logs till thats good
What happened the last time you decided to give it more? ECU is pulling timing currently, leave it be.

·
Registered
213 Posts
that will be the best 10hrs you'll ever spend on that car... (y)

Reactions: JaredR
1161 - 1180 of 1227 Posts