SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1101 - 1113 of 1113 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,101
If your car was manual and had a LSD.

Otherwise no. You already can’t put power down and will just nuke the AW42 if you keep dialing it up
These aw42s are rated for like, 400 crank rught? And yeah idk. Of course it would be cool to be able to say i have a bigger HP number but i cant put down what i got :( and the tune is so far from done, on revision 2 like i mentioned.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
These aw42s are rated for like, 400 crank rught? And yeah idk. Of course it would be cool to be able to say i have a bigger HP number but i cant put down what i got :( and the tune is so far from done, on revision 2 like i mentioned.
Ahahaha. Where the f did you read that?

They’re rated for 247 hp and 260 ft lbs.

Assume max 20% factor of safety since it really is a good well made and lasting trans, that’s 296 hp and 312 ft lbs.

You’re already there. Stop.

Dougy had a high 3s aw42 and the pics of the clutches when it got taken apart show thay it was very unhappy.

Yes maybe you could build a valve body. But who’s tuning the TCU to play nice?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,103
Ahahaha. Where the f did you read that?

They’re rated for 247 hp and 260 ft lbs.

Assume max 20% factor of safety since it really is a good well made and lasting trans, that’s 296 hp and 312 ft lbs.

You’re already there. Stop.

Dougy had a high 3s aw42 and the pics of the clutches when it got taken apart show thay it was very unhappy.

Yes maybe you could build a valve body. But who’s tuning the TCU to play nice?
I cant remember where i read it, but i found this: S70 T5, How much power can the auto handle?

Guess im pushing the limit, Rob said he thinks id be at 275-295 WHP on pump gas, putting me at like ~330 crank assuming 15% drivetrain loss

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Reactions: JaredR

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
yo don't jinx me like that
I live. Not we live, not you live.

My hydro turbines have a different mentality about life than cars. I find it useful and applicable with good results.

·
Registered
15,954 Posts
Different mentality? Or different mortality? :oops:
No, that would be me and sailing. People die when stuff breaks.

It does put me in the same vicinity though.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts

·
Registered
5,268 Posts

·
Registered
15,954 Posts
My experience is you have more control over your situation with a boat than a car. While the average numbers might be equal, I don't think that paints a fair picture of the opportunity for risk management.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,113
800 CC injectors installed today, fit like a glove, no spacers, no hats. Only thing that isnt the same now is i cant put the fuel rail cover on since the connector adapter is taller, but thats just cosmetic so i dont care at all. Did 2 idle logs and 2 partial throttle logs, Rob is still making adjustments as he wasnt satisfied with AFR. Also, ordered an AEM 30-300 afr gauge

1101 - 1113 of 1113 Posts