·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Whats your intake solution?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
As of now, going to try to use the stock one. Dude on instagram did this swap (@850platty) and he said the stock one would work. If not, i will see what happens. May have to bend or custom fit a pipe, or see if the s60r pipe fits, but he said the stock one works. That being said, he did a full custom RIP kit, but he said the stock one would work so ill give it a go.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
As of now, going to try to use the stock one. Dude on instagram did this swap (@850platty) and he said the stock one would work. If not, i will see what happens. May have to bend or custom fit a pipe, or see if the s60r pipe fits, but he said the stock one works. That being said, he did a full custom RIP kit, but he said the stock one would work so ill give it a go.
The turbo snout is significantly larger on the k24. Dude you gotta start doing some actual research the stock p80 parts do not plug and play with a k24 like everyone here has expressed multiple times.

You need a snabb intake to fit a k24 and a p80 airbox with 3.25” maf.

http://www.snabb.us/Performance-Fresh-Air-Pipe-99-00-SV70-99-05-C70_p_11.html

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Omar (850platty) ended up using the K24 water pipe because he ended up breaking the TD04 one. You need to use the K24 water pipe. It's not worth modifying the original one. My advice is to listen to everyone here... we know what we're talking about.

·
Registered
15,507 Posts
Omar (850platty) ended up using the K24 water pipe because he ended up breaking the TD04 one. You need to use the K24 water pipe. It's not worth modifying the original one. My advice is to listen to everyone here... we know what we're talking about.
I think we're talking about the intake tube now? I have a water tree outbound to him sitting in my living room......just waiting for UPS to come pick it up.

But, yeah, the stock intake is definitely not going to work, either, and I don't have one of those in stock.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Shall I outline it again? Ive done this twice already, just without PN's.

K24 on a 99 (and specifically a 99 too!)

Turbo:

K24
Water tree for K24
Oil and water supply/return lines for k24. The braided ones are sh*t, just use oem they work perfect. Water hoses and Otiker clamps.
All gaskets. Oil supply and return drain o ring. Water crush washers.

Water pump/gasket/oring for doing the tree. Might as well do the T belt while you're in there if its not super fresh.

Stock downpipe will work

Fuel:

465cc Greens at least
DW200 or 300c pump

Exhaust:

Japanifold
3 layer single piece gasket
Manifold to turbo gasket
turbo to downpipe gasket

Air:
3.25" maf to K24 intake tube.
Airbox modification to suit. Pod filter, K24 airbox, whatever you want. Hell stick it out the hood itll make all the stu stu stu noises!

Intercooler. do88 or snabb

Charge piping.....you have an auto aw42 there are no RIP kits that work. Seriously. Tried em all, the aw42 is too big and in the way even with standalone trans cooler ect.

So you need a k24 to stock IC piping connection. Suggest silicone boost hoses too.

Alright, ME7 gurus, what did i miss?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Assuming i dont need to refurbish the k24, it would still be cheaper for me to get that, the water pipe, and that intake pipe. My dad is a mechanic and i can get all the gaskets at his greatly reduced shop cost, so im not too concerned about the cost of all these. Also, i have sourced the green injectors for less than 100$, exhaust manifold for less than 100$, and fuel pump at 100$. Scottishbrick, is that intake a direct fit for my car? Im trying my best to do my research, but im having a hard time finding the info i need. Im still new to car stuff, just trying my best... i appreciate the help guys. Also, does anyone have experience with VAST tuning? Gonna see if they're an option to consider other than hilton, seeing a lot of people have 50/50 reviews and i dont wanna be part of the 50% thats unhappy.

·
Registered
15,507 Posts
Aaron is great. Working with him on my 850R. However he only tunes M4.4 cars so not useful for you. You could also look into Gustav/Contrast. I would probably work with him over Hilton at this point.

K24 airbox would be interesting to make fit in a M56 car. I don't think the bosses it bolts too on M66 are present on M56. There's always the Snabb intake but then you're still on the stock MAF

·
Registered
255 Posts
Aaron is great. Working with him on my 850R. However he only tunes M4.4 cars so not useful for you. You could also look into Gustav/Contrast. I would probably work with him over Hilton at this point.

K24 airbox would be interesting to make fit in a M56 car. I don't think the bosses it bolts too on M66 are present on M56. There's always the Snabb intake but then you're still on the stock MAF
Could you get the snabb pipe with a different size coupler?

I picked up a 3" to 2.75" elbow from siliconecouplers.com to use with the 960 maf.

Is that maf not big enough for his application?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,174 Posts

I picked up a 3" to 2.75" elbow from siliconecouplers.com to use with the 960 maf.

Is that maf not big enough for his application?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
960 maf is 3” which is the same as me7 stock

·
Registered
15,507 Posts
99% sure that's what the K24 option gets you on that intake

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
aaron is great. Working with him on my 850r. However he only tunes m4.4 cars so not useful for you. You could also look into gustav/contrast. I would probably work with him over hilton at this point.

K24 airbox would be interesting to make fit in a m56 car. I don't think the bosses it bolts too on m66 are present on m56. There's always the snabb intake but then you're still on the stock maf
its aw50-42

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Okay cool. Where would I find Gustav? And id be getting a new MAF housing. Seems like the snabb pipe is my best option, am i wrong ?

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Okay cool. Where would I find Gustav? And id be getting a new MAF housing. Seems like the snabb pipe is my best option, am i wrong ?
@contrastworks

Snabb pipe is your best option.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts

·
Registered
15,507 Posts

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Uh right.....totally spaced on that one

Same problem though. Would need custom brackets of some sort to mount a K24 airbox
The third one doesnt do much. I only have the main 2 on the 03 and its very solid. its only holding an air filter anyway.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
lol why are braided lines ****? Wouldn't they be nice and new and easier to route? i mean hey im down to not spend the money for em just curious

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
lol why are braided lines ****? Wouldn't they be nice and new and easier to route? i mean hey im down to not spend the money for em just curious
Because they’re extremely cheaply made and the routing of a far too long soft line is messy. The last thing you want are the two life blood fluids of your engine flopping around in ebay hoses.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Fair point, good to know. My dad suggested for the inlet/charge pipe, we go to LKQ and grab the round (not oval from an s60r) over-the-engine charge pipe from a number of volvos, and we can take the longest part of that and use a step up silicone hose to get on the bigger inlet of the k24. Just a rough idea so far, wont know until i go get the pipe, but if i dont spend 175$ on that snabb pipe, that could be my fuel pump and injectors :) Anyone familiar with the pump in my car currently or the LPH of the stock pump? Just ordered my exhaust headers. Im considering the eerie volvo green giant injectors for 150$ on ebay cus that warranty.

41 - 60 of 665 Posts