SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hate to let it go, but I only drive my wagons now for hauling purposes. This was my daily driver for 4 years or so, local commuting comfort car. The race'ish car was a 240 with sbf swap and single turbo, so I saved my flogging for that car and was gentle with the S70.

Silver with charcoal interior.
163k miles (owned since 99k previous owner used synthetic and so have I)
replica R wheels with newer style Volvo center caps
I have the stock wing that goes with the car as well.
Tires have less than 3k on them

Previous owners mods (I have receipts):
Koni yellows
H&R Sport springs
IPD Stainless brake lines
eurosport tuning 3" downpipe
eurosport tuning 2.5" exhaust
eurosport tuning mesh grill
K&N drop in air filter
short(er) shifter - I assume eurosport tuning but don't have receipt for it

My mods:
V70R bumper
IPD A-pillar pod mount boost gauge (VDO Visions series)
Speedtuning ECU flash (holds 18psi)
Stronger boost selonoid valve (same as IPD's but didn't buy from IPD. Still have stock one.)
CBV block off plate
Turbo XS BOV vents to atmosphere

Slight blemishes shown in pics. Center of back bumper has some scars from towing. Trunk carpet is stained but could easily be replaced from a JY or just live with it as is. Door vinyl is starting to pull away in a couple spots but not nearly as bad as my tan interior V70. Seats are in great shape, driver seat shows light hairline cracks that shouldn't progress any further with proper leather treatments. Ding on the tip of the front right fender came that way when I bought it.

The SRS light being on is my fault, but I partially blame Volvo and their crappy immobilizer wiring. I was fiddling with wiring on the steering column while cycling power and I assume the air bag com momentarily lost connection which tripped the SRS light. Volvo can reset it. Nearest dealer to me is 45 minutes away and I can't take a full day to ferry it over there. Immobilizer wiring had been fiddled with by the mechanic of the previous owner (I have receipts) and didn't do a good job (crimp connectors instead of solder and heat shrink). I fixed it, but in the process set the SRS light.

$4500 or best offer. This is a great reliable already done S70. Title in hand!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Professionals use crimp collectors instead solder and crimp, technicians prefer them to solder since they don't make the wiring brittle and inflexible like solder.

Otherwise, very nice looking car.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Professionals use crimp collectors instead solder and crimp, technicians prefer them to solder since they don't make the wiring brittle and inflexible like solder.

Somewhat agree but there are specific cases where one or the other is preferred. And more importantly, they both have to be done correctly. Over soldering though is less likely to fail compared to a Butt connector crimped with pliers lol. Thanks for the compliment, if this were a wagon I wouldn't be selling it!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Somewhat agree but there are specific cases where one or the other is preferred. And more importantly, they both have to be done correctly. Over soldering though is less likely to fail compared to a Butt connector crimped with pliers lol. Thanks for the compliment, if this were a wagon I wouldn't be selling it!
Butt connectors aren't what techs use, at least they're not supposed to. We've got what looks like a connector pin's wire crimp in, but double ended, and you still heakshrink it. Yes, there are instances where solder is preferred for some reason. Basically we do whatever the manufacturer service info calls for, only get a choice when they say 'replace harness' and the customer doesn't want to cough up for that.

Also, where are you located?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Butt connectors aren't what techs use, at least they're not supposed to. We've got what looks like a connector pin's wire crimp in, but double ended, and you still heakshrink it. Yes, there are instances where solder is preferred for some reason. Basically we do whatever the manufacturer service info calls for, only get a choice when they say 'replace harness' and the customer doesn't want to cough up for that.

Also, where are you located?
Something tells me he's in Virginia.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah sorry I'm in southwest Va. Christiansburg which is right on I81

·
Registered
1,075 Posts

Well this pro does not use crimps and solders whenever necessary. A wire inside under the dash will not miss 2 inches of wire that is not flexible. Solder and heat shrink is for DIY hobbyist, people that use a soldering iron on a daily basis just tape and solder in the 12 volt automotive world

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
338 Posts
So wish you were closer!!

Matt

·
Registered
338 Posts
musterdbom; check your paypal! deposit sent as discussed. I will PM you as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts