SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am loking at buying a 1999 C70 convertible for $10,500. It is in excellent condition and has been regularly serviced by the owner (only 1 owner). It has 65,000 miles.<p>I talked to the Service Advsior at the Volvo dealership where the car has been serviced and he advised the car has been maintained regularly.<p>However, he advised that the model year is not reliable and is problematic.<p>I have a 2001 s60 T5 that I was going to sell to get the c70.<p>Is the c70 convertible going to be a problem or should I stick with my T5?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Re: 1999 C70 Convertible- Reliable? (dkivolvo)

The S60 is a more reliable vehicle...<p>As a bonus, it also handles better and doesn't twist over bumps...

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I have an S60 and C70 Coupe, and the S60 is a far better car. So I can only imagine that the C70 Convertible would have even poorer ride than the coupe. But.... and this is a BIG but... the C70 is so beautiful and pleasing to look at that you'll forgive its small problems.<p>Heres someone who thinks its cool:<p><A HREF="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nChOsfezfbM" TARGET="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nChOsfezfbM</A><BR><BR>
<i>Modified by Token at 11:58 AM 8-16-2006</i>

·
Registered
480 Posts
Re: (Token)

I'm not sure I understand the statements about poor ride and C70. I have a 2001 HT coupe. There are two things I notice: 1) ride is firmer than most cars (which is expected based on the design/marketing intent of the car); 2) as the tires wear (Yoko AVS100), the car becomes sensitive to undulations in the road and therefore wanders in the lane, requiring some correction to keep it going straight. Again, I attribute this to wider rims and lower profile rubber than most other Volvos.<p>That's about it. Otherwise a pretty good handling car IMO. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: 1999 C70 Convertible- Reliable? (dkivolvo)

My wife drives a 98 C70 conv. The top is very trouble prone. The top was redesigned in 1999 to get rid of the potentiometers which went out of syn often. The dealer told me to leave the top up. Now we are afraid to use it in case something gets out of sequence. Beautiful car with the top down.<br>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts