SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well my buyer on my car flaked out on me. It's back up for sale!!!

I have for sale a 1998 Volvo V70R AWD. The body has 191,000 miles but the engine and head are all fresh; see below! I am asking $3,800 OBO! Car is Silver with Tan Leather/suede seats. I am the 3rd owner and spent the majority of its life with an older gentleman. This is a Southern car so absolutely no rust anywhere. Clean title in hand with no accidents or any kind or paint work.

I have completely gone through the engine and freshened everything. It was all completed earlier this year. Newly rebuilt T5 head with all new valves, seals including valve stem seals. While at the machine shop I had the entire head checked for correctness and had them lightly port the exhaust for better flow. Engine is a 2.4 liter block from a GLT with 90,000 miles (higher compression motor over the the 2.3 liter original block). Entire engine was resealed with new seals and gaskets. New timing belt, water pump and serpentine belt. 16T Turbo is rebuilt as well. All new silicone vacuum lines and new IPD turbo control valve. Transmission flushed when engine was rebuilt earlier this year.

Good:
Engine and Cylinder head all new.
Complete stage 0 performed when engine rebuilt.
Custom CAI (cold air intake).
New IPD Turbo Control Valve.hoses
New IPD silicone
AWD system intact and operates beautifully.
Automatic trannie. shifts great. Nice and smooth.
New rebuilt 16T turbo.
Front grill from XC70 (Volvo enthusiast will appreciate this).
No tear in the leather and Suede seats.
Windows Tinted all the way around.
New rear ackebono pads (I have the fronts but just not installed yet)

The bad:
ABS/TRAC light is starting to come on.
Power steering rack is leaking a little. This was a freshly rebuilt rack that I put on when the engine was done but the rebuilder that did the work SUCKS and did a crappy job. Will not return my emails or phone calls.
Factory 3 in dash CD player does not work (radio and tape deck sound fantastic).
Scratches on the front and rear bumper.
Few nicks and dings on the body. VERY small wave on the passenger side quarter panel.
Overall: Not bad for a 14 year old car.

Car is located in Buford, GA 30518 (40 minutes NE of Atlanta). Call/text Matt at: 770-eight nine one-1062. Or email: [email protected]

Here is a link to ad: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/3517827264.html

Found another Volvo I would like to have but need to sell this one 1st.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Sellers a great guy. I will vouch for him.

Gary

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Yellow95! I so wanted your white 850 you sold earlier this year!

My nameideasweretaken I replied to your email. Let me know what you think.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
My nameideasweretaken I replied to your email. Let me know what you think.
Thanks Matt,

She says it's too "wagony" so I guess that means no. Back to shopping for an XC (because those aren't "wagony"). Good luck with your sale!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
V70 wagony or XC wagony...aren't these the same cars? You can tell her it has the same front grill as the XC and it doesn't have the high ride heigth so it would make it...hum less wagony, lol!

Ok thats cool; thanks for taking the time to show it to her.

Matt

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think he meant to say the XC90 were garbage.

Back to the regular scheduled program, lol! Someone buy this so I can buy the 850 T5 5-speed I want soooo bad!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
anyone...anyone...beuler; beuler!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Bump for a good seller who was very quick to answer any questions, and very polite! I would scoop this up in a second, but wifey wants me to wait till after the holidays and tax season. Good luck Matt!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks HiPSI...your making me blush, LOL!!

Matt

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
deposit has been received; full payment supposed to be received on the 4th.

Thanks Swedespeed community!

Thanks;
Matt

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Buyer flaked on me and backed out of the deal...3 days before he was supposed to give me the rest of the money!! What a jerk!.

It's back up for sale...make me an offer!

Matt

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
don't be shy; I won't get mad at your offer, lol! Need to make room for my new project.

Matt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts