SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1998 Volvo S70 T5 Manual (T5m) 123,000 miles $4250!!

Year/make/model: 1998 Volvo S70 T5 (T5M)
Transmission: Manual
Mileage: 123,000 miles
Color: Silver with dark gray interior
Condition: Excellent non-smoking vehicle
Price $4250 if sold this weekend

Options: Power windows (w driver one touch down), power locks, power mirrors, heated mirrors, moonroof/sunroof, leather, power seats with memory, cd player, heated seats, trip computer.

Mods: K&N panel air filter, IPD phenolic spacer, IPD poly upper engine mount, OBX 3" dp to a straight pipe with regular exhaust, Snabb IAC hose, IPD lowering springs (2.25" drop), drilled and slotted rotors, IPD wires, boost gauge from IPD. 17" comets with Hankook tires and also an XC grille.

Stage zero: (I may even be forgetting stuff because I've done so much stage zero to this): Control arms, endlinks, both axles (pass side axle is a Raxles axle...long story), pass side bearing, Entire suspension setups including strut mount bearings, strut mounts etc etc. Literally every thing on the strut assembly was replaced. Monroe, shocks/ struts front and rear, brand new rear calipers, PCV system change, removed all hosing and cleaned it, changed some rubber hoses for silicone, battery, full tune up, power antenna, oem coil cap gasket, brand new OEM gas cap, brand new Bosch fuel filter, brand new OEM windshield with a brand new OEM molding that goes from the front of the windshield all the way to the rear window, brand new wiper blades, fuel injector bushings (changed while doing the PCV).

I know there are more things I've done, I just can't think of everything off the top of my head. I have full documentation for every single thing done. I also have all paperwork from previous owners as well as the original window sticker and all OEM manuals in the factory suede case.

Problems:
> > > 1. Check engine light has been on for two years. Codes are P0455 Evap emission system leak detected (gross leak, no flow) and P0410 Secondary air system. According to the forums it is the same light everyone else has and isn't a big deal at all. My wife used to have a 98 S70 GLT and both her car and my car had the same CEL. According to the other forum I go on the SAS can be eliminated and will fix that code. The evap leak is also no big deal.
> > > 2. If you let out the clutch really slow it groans a bit however this has happened since the day I bought the car. It hasn't gotten worse at all in two years. I did notice when I swapped the trans fluid to Redline MTL the groaning went away for about half a year then came back.
> > > 3. Rear bumper paint has a spiral chip about the size of a golf ball, and one scratch in the middle. Drivers side front fender half the size of a golf ball paint peeled a little bit, also drivers side front bumper paint is starting to fade. There are a few more minor dings you can only see at certain angles on the car but nothing you wouldn't expect for a 15 year old car. My wifes car has an equal amount of dents and it is less than a year old.
> > > 4. drivers side window buttons color is faded a bit. The buttons still work flawlessly.

That's all I can think of. Leather is in superb condition with almost no wear. The paint on most of the car GLEAMS! It is smooth as silk to the touch. I clay barred it every 6 months and always used Zymol wax. I've owned the car since October of 2010. When I bought it the car had 109,000 miles on it. It now has 123,000 miles on it. I've put 14,000 miles on the car in two years. After everytime of driving I've always let the car cool down at least 30 seconds before shutting it off. I also let it warm up at least 30 seconds before leaving. The car since I've had it has only had 93 octane gas in it and I've used a few fuel cleaners to clean out the injectors and such. I could go on and on and on with how meticulous I've tried to be with this thing. I planned on keeping this forever and passing it to my kids some day. Sure a Volvo isn't the kind of car most would want to pass to their kids but I love the car, I put soo much time into this car and the fact it is so rare makes it something cool I knew none of their friends would ever be able to say they owned.

As I posted on the forum I'm starting a business and unfortunately for me my business partner backed out. So in order to make up the funding I need to sell my car. This is the only reason I'm willing to sell it. As they say with sacrifice comes reward, so although I reaaaally don't want to sell it, there's many things in life we don't want to do but have to if we want to succeed. So I have to let my baby go. However with all the money I've put into it I can't sell it for less than $5k because it would be way too much of a loss. I've got over $9k invested into this car since I've bought it. I have receipts to back up all of my purchases.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what the car looked like stock the day I got it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And this is to get an idea of what the car looked like from the same angle after the IPD springs and comets were added.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has the transmission been swaped out at any point in time ? but you have a nice car hope you find a buyer
Original manual transmission. I have the original window sticker showing the Vin# and that it came from the factory as a T5 with a manual.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
If I could sneak this into my stable without my wife noticing, you'd have a check on your doorstep. :O
Very nice example of a rare and cool car, at a very fair price. GLWS.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I could sneak this into my stable without my wife noticing, you'd have a check on your doorstep. :O
Very nice example of a rare and cool car, at a very fair price. GLWS.
Hhaahahaha! Thank you kind sir! I'm really struggling with letting her go, but like I said earlier with sacrifice comes reward. If I want my business to work I need to sacrifice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If only you lived near San Diego I would have cash in your hand I've been looking every where I can to find and buy a T5 Manual I check online daily lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
If only you lived near San Diego I would have cash in your hand I've been looking every where I can to find and buy a T5 Manual I check online daily lol
Fly to Tampa to buy it. I'll deduct the price of your plane ticket off the price of the car :D

Edit: Rather than pay for the plane ticket I dropped the price $1000 dollars. That more than pays for the ticket.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Plus keep in mind Florida cars are generally rust free. Not one spot of rust on the undercarriage.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Plus keep in mind Florida cars are generally rust free. Not one spot of rust on the undercarriage.
...and not have frozen nuts and bolts to deal with?? What would I do with my life? :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
...and not have frozen nuts and bolts to deal with?? What would I do with my life? :)
Haha!

Here's motivation for you...$4500 if someone buys it this weekend.

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Other S70 T5m's on the internet are going for thousands more than mine is so my price is way more than fair.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Price does come with extra parts I have for the car.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
When I buy parts I tend to buy as many as I can afford at once when I have discounts. So with that being said I bought extra stuff like fuel filters, oil filters etc. Why are you interested in buying?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts