SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is sort of an advance topic post. I will be selling my 1998 silver V70R. It has 89k miles; I am the second owner.<p>It has had all scehduled maintenance done at the same delaership that originally sold it and then sold it to me. Since I bought it at 72.8k, I have done the following expected repairs:<p>-new airpump<br>-reworked ABS module<br>-new spring seats<p>I have also done these repairs:<br>-new DS cv-boot<br>-new torque arm engine bushing<br>-new motor mount.<p>I have also added the ipd antisways with the HD endlinks, as well as Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. (The sway bars were installed by an indie.) There is a 35% tint all around.<p>As some of you may now, much to my dismay, the timing belt tensioner went on me last week, so the car will have a new timing belt and tensioner; a complete valve job; new plugs; and a new water pump. I will also have them replace the AWD transaxle u-joint, as the boot was starting to leak. All of this work is also being done by the dealership.<p><br>The exterior is in good shape. There are minimal chips and scratches. There is a small but real gouge on the rear bumper, as well as a small ding in the front right fender where I leaned too hard while replacing the check valve. The interior is also in good shape. The original owner was a matronly lady who wanted something to carry her gardening materials in and her dog to her weekend home. I have used it mostly to cart myself to work, though, of the 16k miles I have put on, approximately 65% are highway miles. (Three road trips and usually freeways to work). There are signs of wear on the driver's seat leather, but no tears. It has the 3-cd changer head unit. The ac blows cold. The wheels are the OEM 16" Meteors and have some curbage. There are no-name tires with adequate and even tread, but anyone buying an R because it's an R, will probably want to plan on replacing them.<p>I would like to get $12,000, but I would accept a decent offer. If genuinely interested, for the added price of an airline ticket, I would be willing to drive 4-5 hours to meet someone to make a sale. (Cincinnati, St. Louis, Atlanta, Charlotte, Birmingham, Memphis) I will post pics once she is done with surgery, and all polished up.<p>Please email me at jcd214 at nyu dot edu.<p><br><i>Modified by pktojd at 7:52 AM 3-27-2006</i><p><br><i>Modified by pktojd at 9:34 AM 3-27-2006</i><p><br><i>Modified by pktojd at 9:38 AM 3-27-2006</i><BR><BR>
<i>Modified by pktojd at 5:07 AM 3-28-2006</i>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts