SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear Mods: Don't hate me! Feel free to move/delete my post and tell me a better place to put it.

Oh hey! I'm Dave, and my Volvo love has left me in a jam. Pickle. Situation.

I bought this lovely V70r in October from the classifieds here on Swedespeed:http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?235212-FS-1998-v70R-black-on-tan-runs-great

It really did run great; pulled hard, and had strong boost all the way to redline.

It also really really needed new front tires. Of course, thousands of miles way from my home in MA, I promptly smashed it into an onramp guardrail in the rain. She ran after the accident, but wouldn't crank back up after being shut off. It's been at a shop in Bedford, OH since. There's a sob story but I'll spare you.

I'm not the most mechanically inclined. I can do brakes. But I need some help taking parts off the car. I don't need much... and then the rest of it is all yours. I'm lucky enough to be in the area again with a tiny tool set on Feb 2nd, slightly flexible. AAA can have the car towed within 100 miles as well.

I need big ticket items though. Exhaust. Turbo. Radio system. AWD. Thats pretty much it.... you can have the rest, or I'll junk it and hand you the proceeds. We can negotiate if you want, or direct me to a good shop that'll be able to get those out for me at reasonable cost. Thanks guys. I appreciate the community. [email protected] or 508-461-2405.

Hopefully this isn't inappropriate. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Weird seeing my old wheels from my XC from like 6 years ago. I knew the guy who owned this car in Dayton.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I could be wrong, but if this is the same R I looked at in Cincinnati a few years ago I believe this wouldn't be it's first encounter with a guardrail...per the crash report I ran :D

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
Sorry for your troubles. I live in the Cleveland area and would love to help but I have pretty similar mechanical aptitude as you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts