SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Throwing this up again to see if I can gain any more interest. I have driven the car on and off over the summer and have had a few things replaced since it was last for sale.

Car: Silver V70R, Charcoal interior. Dolby Surround. 3 disc in dash CD changer. Loaded. Has 113K on it, ~75K all highway miles back and forth to school in the past eight years. Garage kept during winter months.

Recently Replaced: Front control arms and bushings, power steering pump and belt.

Mods: Ive tastefully modded this car over my ownership (i'm the second owner).

Over the years I have added: IPD/TME lowering springs, IPD front and rear sway bars, Kapelhenke custom wheel spacers (16.5mm), Volvo OEM Comets wrapped in Continental DWS. Custom turbo back exhaust with magnaflow street series mufflers (zero drone), Volvo OEM C70 Jewel headlamps and corners, 55w Sharp hid with 5000K bulbs, 35% window tint, Custom RodsPods two gauge A pillar pod, Pod is filled with AEM UEGO wideband, and Autometer Cobalt boost gauge. CJ Yother custom strut brace powder coated blue, Red Samco intercooler hoses, IPD Cold air intake, polished upper IC piping, Volvo OEM Amber sidemarkers.

The car will also be sold with brand new R floor mats that have never been in the car and were still in the wrapping when it was purchased. I have kept the winter mats in the car the entire time ive been driving to keep it clean. I am meticulous with both the interior and exterior of the car. I have recently taken it to PDR (professional dent removal) and for a hefty bill had a few dings taken out of the car that are typical for a car of this age. The body is as straight as its ever been.

For full asking price I will also include a pair of Volvo OEM Meteor wheels which are wrapped in Bridgestone Blizzard snow tires. The Meteors have been powdercoated Anthracite to closely resemble the OEM color Volvo once produced for the Comet wheels. Ive driven this car in some DEEP snow and have never had any issues. No knocks with the AWD system in any gear at any speed. I want to stress that this car has never been abused, and there are plenty of people who can attest to this. Never tracked or pushed hard on the street. Original owner has hand written records in cursive attesting to regular maintenance at Mitchell Volvo in Simsbury CT. I am not in dire need to sell but would like to move into something different as Ive been craving a 5 speed for quite some time now. Please no bickering about my asking price if you think it might be too high. This R is in excellent shape for a 14 year old car. Has averaged about 8K miles a year...

Price: $9500 OBO

Thanks for reading.

·
Banned
182 Posts
Want to sell The rims by any chance?

·
Registered
761 Posts
This is the cleanest 98R I have ever seen. Interior and exterior are flawless, I'm sad to see it go but good luck with the sale Jay. Hope someone babies it as much as you!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the cleanest 98R I have ever seen. Interior and exterior are flawless, I'm sad to see it go but good luck with the sale Jay. Hope someone babies it as much as you!!

Thanks brandon, been continuing to take care of it like day one. Hoping it will go to a good home if it sells this time around. Hopefully make some turns this winter.

Shameless bump, someone make me an offer!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Bump

Because I was admiring the pics again :)

Jay, I have new light in purchasing a DD but still off a bit... let me know if you get desperate...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Waooow.... Beautiful.
So, I see the reference to a dealer in CT, and your plates are CT plates.... What are you doing up there? I'd be interested if you were closer to KY...
Good luck with the sale! Fine examples of sought after cars are worth a premium price. I have an off-topic "example" of a classic 90s car myself....

edit: PM sent.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Jay - still for sale? Sent ya a PM too... hope all is well...
greg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seen the plates I live in south west CONN .. Might be intrested in buying it but gotta look at the car in person like you said its 15 yrs old $8500 obo I already own one looking to buy another mine is clean as well . Still try,in to sale it please contact me so I can look at it hear the engine etc..... So we can sit at a round table and negotiate !!!! Thank you..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seen the plates I live in south west CONN .. Might be intrested in buying it but gotta look at the car in person like you said its 15 yrs old $8500 obo I already own one looking to buy another mine is clean as well . Still try,in to sale it please contact me so I can look at it hear the engine etc..... So we can sit at a round table and negotiate !!!! Thank you..

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Can't you guys read?
He said sale pending nearly 9 months ago and hasn't been back here since

1 - 13 of 13 Posts