SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! This is my first Volvo. I love it! My boyfriend has been doing some work on it. Did the front and rear shocks/ struts. Front sway bar end links. Coolant sensor. Ive got a list that I'm working on getting accomplished. Heres what I have going on, I'd love some input on what you think.

* steering can get squeaky sounding on tight turns. Sometimes just normal turns. Ive checked fluids. Added some. Its kinds like a creaking sound.

* the lights blink for heating/cooling sometimes. It doesn't always blow heat or air when you turn it on. But could feel the cold air "seeping" out. Blower motor?

* maybe a cable snapped for the passenger door? The handle moves but you can't open it from the inside, you can open it from the outside though. I was going to youtube it, havent gotten that far.

Ive got the 2 rear facing seats. With 3 kids this was specifically the vehicle I was looking for. I didn't want a mini van and wanted something reliable and safe. And in my price range. Its high mileage. 215,000. I believe it was taken care of. Seems like it. I hope I can make it last a long time. Its perfect for me. Thanks for any input, suggestions, opinions!! I apprecate your time.

Amanda

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hi Amanda, there are some very smart people here that will hopefully chime in. 1. There is a rubber boot on the steering column at the firewall. You have to look under the dashboard/knee bolster. Try spraying some silicone spray/lubricant and see if that helps. Otherwise it could be you front shock mounts/spring seats if your boyfriend did not replace them. 2. The blower motor is on the passenger side behind the glove box/knee bolster. The shaft cam gum up with crud and not spin. You can clean and lube that also. 3. the cable probably came off the interior pull handle. Hopefully you can just re-seat it. "Robert DIY" has a lot of you tube videos regarding repairs and maintenance on your P80 generation Volvo. Please post pictures of your V70. Everyone here likes photos and a T5 is a fairly rare V70.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts