•Volvo V70 T5
•Black
•5-speed Manual Transmission:)
•Good condition/non-smoking
•Torrance, CA (Los Angeles County)
•VIN: YV1LW5371W2509765
•$4500
•Cell phone: (562)682-3615/Email address: [email protected]

I bought this car, with 98,000 miles on it, from a parts-counter guy at a Volvo dealership in Anaheim, California. According to the previous owner it has a fresh timing-belt and water-pump, though I have not verified this, since I've never had to take it apart, but it does appear to have been maintained with genuine Volvo parts. I've taken it on two road-trips so far, the longest of which was a 1200-mile round-trip, and it ran flawlessly, powering up hills with no problem, and cruising quietly and smoothly. I've never had any reliability issues with this car. It runs like a champ, and gets great mileage to boot, especially with the rare five-speed transmission. This is not a conversion, but an actual five-speed manual from the factory, with a high-pressure turbo, which is very rare in the U.S. It is lowered with IPD springs, and I'll include the original springs as well. It comes equipped with the rear-facing child-seat, but I also have the rear seat eliminator pieces, along with the factory floor-mats, all of which I'll include with the sale. I bought this for the purpose of having a fun car to take the family on road-trips, which it served its purpose, however with three kids we have to bring too much crap, so we've resorted back to our minivan. I hate to let it go, but priorities necessitate the sale, and I really want it to go to a good gear-head home. Jump on this rare find.

Up front, just so there are no suprises, this is the problems it has:
-Air conditioning works, but shuts off after about 30 minutes. It will come back on after about 15 minutes. Still blows cold.
-A couple of light-bulbs in the gauge-cluster have gone out, which makes it difficult to read the meters at night. A simple fix.
-Power door-locks are a little tempermental, sometimes not all unlocking when using the remote or the switch. Typical old Volvo drama.
-There are a couple of swirls in the paint; one on the hood, and the other on the driver-side rear door. The rest of the paint is in ok condition. Still shines up nice, but the clear-coat on the bumpers has deteriorated.
-Tears in the leather both front seats.

·
Registered
92 Posts
•Volvo V70 T5
•5-speed Manual Transmission
Nice to see another black 98 V70 --- T5 manual no less --- I loved driving my 98R.

The wheels are very impressive, what kind of wheels are they? Good pics and good luck with the sale. :thumbup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice to see another black 98 V70 --- T5 manual no less --- I loved driving my 98R.

The wheels are very impressive, what kind of wheels are they? Good pics and good luck with the sale. :thumbup:
Thanks Michigan. The wheels are made by Ronal, and they came with the car when I bought it from the previous owner. Prior to the sale I was looking to trade them for some 17" Volvo Canopus wheels, but no one wanted these.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Not a bad price for the mileage!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Looks like the Volvo sticker for the timing belt job is on the ECM/TCM lid. Is there a date/mileage written on it? The silver one w/ the belt routing that says "Byte exchange"

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Not enough enthusiasm in enthusiast community, I suppose :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like the Volvo sticker for the timing belt job is on the ECM/TCM lid. Is there a date/mileage written on it? The silver one w/ the belt routing that says "Byte exchange"
Timing belt sticker indicates that it was changed at 91,827 miles, on Dec 23rd 2010.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Looks clean!
I haven't seen it around town though, I would have noticed, the wheels are nice.
We must travel through different parts of Torrance/or in different patterns.
Oooh, I miss manual trans. Hmm, would a great second car.
Might take some time to fit it in a budget though.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
this thing still floating around?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks clean!
I haven't seen it around town though, I would have noticed, the wheels are nice.
We must travel through different parts of Torrance/or in different patterns.
Oooh, I miss manual trans. Hmm, would a great second car.
Might take some time to fit it in a budget though.
I parked it last November, since my wife drives a different car now. It's been sitting in the driveway behind the fence ever since.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts