Registered
1998 V70 T5 with factory m56h; 18t, Green injectors, 50% e85
2,418 Posts
Maybe try a smoke test?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
would an evap and/or vacuum leak cause the engine to die immediately though? it literally runs for 2 seconds and dies (with the MAF plugged in). Could the TCV be causing an issue? i had to buy a new one because i broke one of the nipples off trying to replace the hoses. I will check again but the connections were color-coded on the new TCV unit - blue hose goes to the inlet hose right after the MAF, yellow hose goes to the wastegate, and red goes to the compressor. Correct?

·
Registered
854 Posts
You are correct on the TCV hose routing. I wouldnt think a bad TCV would cause it to die right away. Google some videos on making a home made smoke test. I cant remember did you change the fuel filter ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
You are correct on the TCV hose routing. I wouldnt think a bad TCV would cause it to die right away. Google some videos on making a home made smoke test. I cant remember did you change the fuel filter ?
i did not change the fuel filter (yet). i purchased a new fuel filter (and a bunch of other parts) that i have not replaced yet solely for this reason... i was worried about changing too many things at once and then not being able to pinpoint any issues that arise afterwards.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I would install it regardless. Its a quick and easy job and needs to be done anyway. You are going through a process of elimination. This is a low lying fruit type of elimination regarding fuel delivery up to injectors. At least i think its easy, i haven't done one on a wagon. It believe its the pump thats a nightmare if you have AWD.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
going to trek around the junkyards in phoenix today in search of a MAF... what are the chances of finding an operable one?? looks like one yard as a '99 v70 and couple '98 s70s. are there any other interchangeable vehicles with the correct MAF?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
there's a '94 850 turbo at a closer yard - that should also work, correct?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
put in a replacement MAF - same problem. Dies within 2 seconds of starting. Unplugged the MAF - runs fine, good idle. So either I got another bad MAF, or it's not the MAF causing the problem. Still could be the harness, but all the wires look intact.

·
Registered
15,964 Posts
How about a continuity test

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
took a break from the car over the holidays, and to be honest i've been dreading the thought of working on it again. for the amount of money i've put into it already, i could have just bought another daily driver. but nonetheless, i need to get the v70 running properly again! any ideas how much $$ i'm looking at to take it to a shop to get diagnosed/fixed???

·
Registered
279 Posts
took a break from the car over the holidays, and to be honest i've been dreading the thought of working on it again. for the amount of money i've put into it already, i could have just bought another daily driver. but nonetheless, i need to get the v70 running properly again! any ideas how much $$ i'm looking at to take it to a shop to get diagnosed/fixed???
What part of AZ are you in? There's a group of guys on AZ on fb that I'm sure would give you a hand depending on location.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

141 - 151 of 151 Posts