SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*Sale pending*
Price: $1350
I'm dumb. Filled her up with gas and she runs like a top. I guess the engine kept dying because.... She was on empty. Sigh

also cleaned off the terminals, and the wagon is now starting without issue, no jump needed.

I'm selling my manual V70 T5. Going down to a single Volvo
I'll add more info and pictures ASAP. Car is currently located in Bellevue, Washington and will likely need a tow.

https://imgur.com/a/ZRLkAVv

Pros-

The most comfortable car I've ever driven. Handled a 1400 mile one-day drive like nothing else, absolutely shaming my old 850, E39 540i, and current 850R.
I'm the 3rd owner.
It was a California car up until I flew down and drove it to Seattle 6 months ago.
Service records date all the way back to the initial purchase, including the original window sticker.
All work has either been performed by a Volvo dealership in San Jose or by a Volvo tech at home with OEM parts.
Records of every gas fill-up dating back to the very first.
Brand new OEM shocks and springs.
Interior is in fantastic condition.
Jump seats installed and in 10/10 condition.
Massive box full of new OEM parts included in sale.
Clean title

Cons-

Clear-coat on the hood and roof is pretty bad due to California sun.

Electric locks are finicky.

Interior tailgate trim piece is off. Not sure why, the previous owner included three separate kits to attach it, but apparently it's somewhat difficult to get right? The parts are all there.

And lastly, the most annoying bit. As the car was parked immediately after getting it home and developed the misfire upon starting it (actually it seems like it was just on E. sigh), I never managed to get the title transferred to my name. Unless i just got the worst customer service rep in history, it seems like King County won't let you transfer titles without passing emissions, and I couldn't get the car to an emissions testing facility. That said, I have the title, I have the bill of sale, I have the California SMOG paperwork and for anyone who buys this, I will do whatever I can to help sort out any paperwork troubles. This wagon is way too good to be used as a parts donor. With emissions requirements going away in January, this could be a non-issue for you.

Anyways, let me know if you're interested or want more information. I can't recall the mileage off the top of my head, but I believe it's right around 200,000.

You can reach me at [email protected] or send a text to 206-375-5114 for a quicker response. Oh and no trades unless you happen to have either a Sunburst yellow Miata or a Ducati Monster 821

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts

·
Registered
16,814 Posts
You're right - this is a keeper. Someone snag. Tropic Blue/Green t5m wagon? How many of those can there be?
Emissions requirements gone because... 98?
This wagon is way too good to be used as a parts donor. With emissions requirements going away in January, this could be a non-issue for you.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
You're right - this is a keeper. Someone snag. Tropic Blue/Green t5m wagon? How many of those can there be?
Emissions requirements gone because... 98?
Amazingly, emissions testing is thankfully going away in WA, I believe at the beginning of 2020. Overall CO and particulates have improved to the extent that testing isn't needed any longer.
Praise Jesus. That whole thing was bi-annual torture. It was run by some contract outfit using minimum-wagers.
Just having to drive in there and have them get their fingerprints on your car while you hooked up to their OBDII was bad enough. But that was just a recent development.
For the decades prior to that, they did physical tailpipe and gas cap testing.
That was pure torture, with common incidents like:
>One of the imbeciles opened the door on my Porsche to scan the VIN, and then used his ass to slam it back shut. :mad: (he thought it was really funny when he saw the look on my face)
>When they were doing tailpipe testing on the dyno, they would let you stay in the car and run it up to 2500 RPM if it was an auto. If it was a manual, they had to do it.
One of the idiots dumped the clutch on my SAAB 3 TIMES, because he kept putting it in 2nd and 4th gear. :mad:
(thankfully, the Porsche skated on that part of it, because it's a C4 and AWD vehicles were exempted from the rolling road)
>A barfly with a million pieces of cheap crap jewelry on her hands slammed the gas door shut on my green V70R and scratched it. I had just gotten the damn thing! :mad:

Just one indignity after another - and you had to pay them for the privilege :facepalm:. You were on pins and needles every time you drove in there.
Shut 'em down, the sooner the better. Those people will be fine, McDonald's is always hiring.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is very real part of me that hopes it doesn't sell. It would probably be a good year before I could give it the attention it deserves, but that wouldn't be the end of the world...

Amazingly, emissions testing is thankfully going away in WA
I was terrified when I got my 850 tested. I told the guy no less than three times that the RPM guage was off by 1000, yet he still almost hit the fuel cuttoff in 1st.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dropped the price and found the stereo code card. $1400! A good friend wants to buy it for... demolition derby. Please don't make me do it

·
Registered
16,814 Posts
On the east coast it would be snapped. Please don’t demo derby. Make an agreement to do payments or something.
Dropped the price and found the stereo code card. $1400! A good friend wants to buy it for... demolition derby. Please don't make me do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
If shipping wasn't the same price as the car, I'd have this sitting in my parking lot right now. Good Luck with the sale!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I wish this was closer to me! We don't have emissions testing in Indiana so this would be an easy project. GLWS!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Man I want this car. I suppose I could fly out, fix it and drive it back to the other Washington with a trunk full of tools and some hope.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Save a Volvo, take a cross-country trip? Sounds like a pretty great extended weekend to me!
It sounds like a good trip to me too, but I am not sure I have the time. This is Sovande from Oppo by the way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It sounds like a good trip to me too, but I am not sure I have the time. This is Sovande from Oppo by the way.
I thought I recognized the name. And you were spot on earlier, my inbox is absolutely flooded with east-coast guys saying how much they wished this was on the other side of the US!

Keeping the wagon within Oppo would be pretty nice, but I totally get the time issue.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts