SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m selling my ‘98 V70 T5. 285k miles, 5 speed manual. Some upgrades and recent new parts. Not a show car by any means, but she runs strong and has been very reliable. There’s some wear and tear, given the mileage and age. Headliner has been removed, interior/exterior are in okay/decent shape; some dings/dents and scratches, small amount of rust on the tailgate, several plastic interior trim pieces are broken/cracked, leather seats in okay condition. Small oil leak. I haven’t had the time to track it down. Newer (in the past 2 yrs/10k) radiator, oil cooler hoses, brakes, poly mounts. Upgrades: cold air intake, IPD sway bar, springs, koni yellow shocks/struts, brand new BFGoodrich tires and 17” 5-spoke wheels. If you’d rather have the original 15” volvo wheels instead we can work out a lower price. This would be a great project to bring back to excellent shape or simply daily drive it as is. Runs great.

Price: $1600 w/ the wheels and tires shown. Or $1100 with the 15” Volvo wheels.

·
Registered
16,826 Posts
You ‘should’ post some pics. I’m in Frederick. This *could* be up my alley.
Ian

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some technical difficulties, but the (poor quality) pictures are now uploaded. Not trying to undersell my own car, but the pictures make it look cleaner than it really is.

·
Registered
16,826 Posts
I was going to say ...wow! Lol. Still- it does look pretty decent though. Let me see at work on a big screen.
Some technical difficulties, but the (poor quality) pictures are now uploaded. Not trying to undersell my own car, but the pictures make it look cleaner than it really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,826 Posts
OK - some questions:
How old are these pictures?
What's on the upper of the back seat (driver's side)?
A front and rear bumper respray (and wang) and it may be a lot sharper.
Like P2s, if the rails are removed - is the trim cut, or would it return to slicktop longroof status like it never had rails to start? Looks like it.
How are the clutch and the brakes? Any upgrades there, like 302s?
Would it pass inspection in your estimation? Everything works? Have the radio code?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I may be interested too. What's the condition of the tires on the 15" wheels? Would they make a 50 mile drive? What's the suspension setup? What lowering springs, shocks, struts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK - some questions:
How old are these pictures?
What's on the upper of the back seat (driver's side)?
A front and rear bumper respray (and wang) and it may be a lot sharper.
Like P2s, if the rails are removed - is the trim cut, or would it return to slicktop longroof status like it never had rails to start? Looks like it.
How are the clutch and the brakes? Any upgrades there, like 302s?
Would it pass inspection in your estimation? Everything works? Have the radio code?
Pictures were taken just a few days ago. I will try to take some detailed pics later today.
That stuff on the seat that looks like yellow overspray...is in fact yellow overspray from a spray paint can that exploded in the back. I have it 'mostly' cleaned up except for what remains on the seat and passenger rear door trim.
Wing is wrapped in a CF vinyl. That can easily be peeled off. Paint on the wing is black since it came off another V70.
Not sure about the trim for the rails.
Clutch feels good, brakes are good. No upgrades, but I put new pads all around and new rear rotors <5K ago.
I have the radio code. I can't think of anything that would fail inspection. If I get time, i'll run it to the shop and get it inspected (hopefully this week or next).

·
Registered
16,826 Posts
Thanks.
Pictures were taken just a few days ago. I will try to take some detailed pics later today.
That stuff on the seat that looks like yellow overspray...is in fact yellow overspray from a spray paint can that exploded in the back. I have it 'mostly' cleaned up except for what remains on the seat and passenger rear door trim.
Wing is wrapped in a CF vinyl. That can easily be peeled off. Paint on the wing is black since it came off another V70.
Not sure about the trim for the rails.
Clutch feels good, brakes are good. No upgrades, but I put new pads all around and new rear rotors <5K ago.
I have the radio code. I can't think of anything that would fail inspection. If I get time, i'll run it to the shop and get it inspected (hopefully this week or next).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I may be interested too. What's the condition of the tires on the 15" wheels? Would they make a 50 mile drive? What's the suspension setup? What lowering springs, shocks, struts?
Tires on the 15" wheels are General Altimax Arcitc snow tires, ran for less than one season so they are in great shape.
Suspension - Koni sport shocks and struts w/ IPD springs. They're not new by any means, but I haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to hijack the thread, but what front lip is that?

Thanks and GLWS
Not a problem. The front lip is an aftermarket replica for an 06-07 subaru WRX/STI. You can find them pretty cheap ($20-50) on amazon and ebay. I just drilled holes and used exploding rivets to mount it to the front bumper cover. It has held up great so far.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pondering... Mmm wagony

·
Registered
849 Posts
This is by far my favorite color combo. That want is STRONG. GLWS!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts