SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1998 V70 Parts needed

946 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Mecha-Tech 
#1 ·
Hey there, folks.

IF anyone is parting out a 1998-2000 4wd turbo V70, I'm in need of the catalytic converter and piping from system from the turbo to the rear tailpipe. To make an extraordinarily long story short, I trusted a guy when I bought a Volvo and discovered that the downpipe and aftermarket exhaust he threw on there eliminated the catalytic converter entirely, setting up a horrible resonance that makes the car impossible to drive comfortably at more than 30 mph.

In a perfect world, someone'll have a 1998-2000 V70R that had a front end collision and will sell the exhaust manifold back, but right now I'm just trying to get the car mobile. I can't find anywhere that'll sell me the catalytic converter used, but plenty of places that'll sell it new.

I also need the front grill which was replaced by one of those cheap plastic jobs. I'd like the original Volvo grill. I also need the driver's side power window switch box...the one with the lock and window controls in tan.

PM or e-mail me at nathan segrest at g mail dot com if you have one or know where I can get one.

Thanks!

Modified by Mecha-Tech at 7:17 AM 8-11-2009

See less See more
#5 ·
Re: 1998 V70 Parts needed (Mecha-Tech)

BTW all the master window switches are black

#6 ·
2000 DP won't work if you don't have a 19t turbo.

I have a stock 2000 DP from a 2000 V70R if you are going to run a 19t.

I have the stock manifold from a 2000 V70R (use with any volvo turbo).

I have a euro sport tuning DP for 98/99 V70R, will also work on other AWD models.

Nick

#7 ·
Re: (94850tx)

Quote, originally posted by 94850tx »
2000 DP won't work if you don't have a 19t turbo.

I have a stock 2000 DP from a 2000 V70R if you are going to run a 19t.

I have the stock manifold from a 2000 V70R (use with any volvo turbo).

I have a euro sport tuning DP for 98/99 V70R, will also work on other AWD models.

Nick
He has a 98 XC and all he wants to do is get it running with STOCK 98 parts
(I think I have all he needs from my wreck, we have been in contact)

#8 ·
Re: (JRL)

JRL is correct. Right now I'm trying to just get it operational...back to square one to fix the damage that was done by the previous owner by using inexpensive stock parts. I just want to get it mobile and quiet, with upgrades to come later once I've built up a little more capital to throw at it. Yes, I'm going to try and find v70R parts when the time comes, but for right now, plain ol' stock'll work just perfectly.

JRL and I have been in contact through E-mail and he pretty much has everything I need, but in the future I will be hunting down type R parts.

Thanks!

Mecha-Tech

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.