SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own and have owned thus car since new - meticulous in maint and care like most Volvo lovers. I have my independent Volvo mechanic who loves the thing wants to buy it - it has taken him years of asking and me thinking it over but now I am ready to sell- but what is the right price? I understand this is a rare car (1/135) and I only found two for sale ads from almost ten years ago where the cars had over 100k and were not all original- both those cars were about $10,000
Advice welcome

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
So its a manual (1/135 you stated)? Post some pics of the body and interior.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
If it were manual and had the GT or charcoal interior I could see it fetching ~$8K+ or so all day long, but its an auto (not as desirable for an enthusiast IMO). Granted all of the maintenance is up to date, and the body is clean with a charcoal interior I would say around $6-7K, maybe 8K on the high end. Also, all depends on the person buying the car, its whatever someone is willing to pay for the car, because obviously KBB isn't going to play a factor with a car like this.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Clean and charcoal interior, I would say you could fetch $7K to an enthusiast.

I got $7K for my 1998 Tropic Green S70 T5 Manual back in 2011 (four years ago), only had 69K miles and one previous owner.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Whatever you do, don't start low, because you can't haggle up. If you start at $9900 and are willing to take $8k or $7k, then that leaves a lot of wiggle room.

With the low miles it has I'd price it in the 9k range myself. Mint 850Rs are going for $10k and regular condition low mileage S and V70s are still holding at or above $5k.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Coupes are less desirable, ask me how I know, lol. Anyway if you're going to sell it that guy who serviced it, I doubt there will be much negotiation (as I'm sure you have some type of friendly relationship with him) so that's why I told you $7K or so to spare the negotiation (which I think would be fair for both parties). Obviously if you want to get the most out of it or want to see what the market value is, post it on the forums with a higher price or eBay with a reserve to see what you could fetch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to you both for taking the time to respond - this has not been an easy decision since I have owned it since new (was a year wait on order then) - I have every service record along with all the original paperwork (window sticker and all) I also have the original sales brochures with the saffron featured. I have the May 1997 issue of car and driver with the car featured on the cover as well as a promotional "Saint" Jacket that were given to dealers to promote the cars debut. I am also going to give him my premium car cover for it (when it was not in Garage) and my copy of the movie (DVD)
Both your responses help in that it reinforces two things- it's only worth what someone is willing to pay and what's it worth to me.
I mentioned to my mechanic I wanted 15k for it last time I was there and he did not seem too phased that it was too high - I also told him if he buys it and changes his mind I will buy it back. He has a good business buying used Volvos fixing them and reselling so he knows these cars
Again any advice welcome and thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts