SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few details. Black s70t5m, will come with transmission, NO exhaust. Sitting on perfo's. Has full MINT black leather interior. R-door panels. Has Dynaudio throughout the whole car and has the optional speaker on the dashpad. Has a sc-901 headunit, which was gone through and got all new LED's. The trunk has sound deadening material in it. Everything works, obviously you can not tell now, but when the car was running the electronics ALL worked. Will come with eggcrate grill. I will take more pictures when I get home.

·
Registered
302 Posts
How much for the speakers?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you read partout?

·
Registered
272 Posts
looks clean, whats the story on why the car was taken apart?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He read it around the part where he saw the picture of the mess you have left....
Mess, Sir you clearly do not understand this is a factory MINT T5M. All this car needs is a motor. Nothing was stripped out of the car, no wiring problems.. nothing was hacked AT ALL.

looks clean, whats the story on why the car was taken apart?
The car was taken apart due to a burnt valve. Upon further inspection, pieces of the valve traveled through the motor and destroyed 2 pistons.
I hate to sell the car, I just need something 4wd for the winter time and seeing this car sit pains me too much.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Points for sandwiches in the engine bay! ;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We can talk numbers if your serious :), and I have access to everything to put this car back together. Just no time.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Bump for really great seller! Bought one of my cars from Chris, he's very knowledgeable and does quality work on everything. The audio alone is worth a large chunk of his asking price, just food for thought.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
How many miles on the shell and transmission?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shell has 249. But, its in STUPID good shape, same with interior. Tranny was replaced at 163. I have pictures Via text or email if you're interested.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Looks very pretty, but that is kinda steep for a shell. For about the same price and labor you could just as easily pick up a good condition automatic and swap it. I honestly don't see the value of a factory manual if you've got to replace the other half of the drivetrain.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I pretty much posted it is negotiable.. I'm not in any rush to sell it as its in great shape. My interior is SPOTLESS. If your willing to go through the work of the manual swap, power to ya.. If it does not sell by Friday ill be putting a motor in and selling it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will take an offer, or even a trade.

·
Registered
356 Posts
This might just be me but buying a car from someone where the ad has the seller standing in the engine bay eating a sandwich would have me feeling like a chump. Again, just me, but we buy cars here so we dont feel chumped right?

One burnt valve damaging two pistons? Two intake valves per cylinder and one piston per cylinder... how did your burnt valve jump cylinders?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ask the dumb previous owner. I bought it as a project, figuring it just needed a head.. He kept driving the car apparently after it already happened.. who would hear that type of noise and still drive! I planned on just swapping the head out, and after taking the head off well.. I pulled the whole motor. Why would you feel like a chump, its a joke for many people over on VS.. clearly you took it wrong.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Have you met Chris?

He's a VERY professional and capable mechanic and him in the engine bay with a sandwich is just a joke.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Meh, apologies, I did take it wrong. You should just save it and drop a motor in it when you have the time. Body is clean, you said the interior is nice... would be an easy 4.5-5.5 with a motor that could be had for under a g.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts