SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having to decide on selling my old baby. Has low compression in one cylinder and wondering about selling for parts. It has always been a fun refreshing car to drive. Just can’t afford to put engine in it, but it has been such blessing to have this dependable wonderful car. Near Denver if you want to buy it.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Manual T5 cars are very desirable in the Volvo community. I would try and sell it as a whole. click on the community tab, then classifieds, then FWD AWD cars for sale. Make a for sale post with pictures and whatever repair history you have on the car. You should also place an ad on FB market place. This car should be saved rather than parted out. And if your car is maroon, which is probably Venetian, that is a very desirable color also. Good Luck !

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
What he said ^

·
Registered
1999 C70 2.3HPT
135 Posts
For a reasonable price I'll bite on it, just really need the trans but will buy the whole car if need be.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Certainly a desirable car, list it in the classifieds. Someone on here will likely pick it up, we always need M56 swap parts, but a T5M is worth saving if it's in good shape otherwise.

·
Registered
1999 C70 2.3HPT
135 Posts
Certainly a desirable car, list it in the classifieds. Someone on here will likely pick it up, we always need M56 swap parts, but a T5M is worth saving if it's in good shape otherwise.
I've just been hunting through the junkyards for 5speed I'd rather swap then replace my automatic, I know we talked about the one your getting rid of just holding out for now

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I've just been hunting through the junkyards for 5speed I'd rather swap then replace my automatic, I know we talked about the one your getting rid of just holding out for now
No worries, I'd do the same! The manual swap is soooo worth it.

·
Registered
1999 C70 2.3HPT
135 Posts
No worries, I'd do the same! The manual swap is soooo worth it.
The swap looks pretty straight forward I found a thread saying you can use your housing on the auto and just need clutch pedal, brake pedal, shifter exc.. never really swapped a trans on a car but hell these Volvos really pull me towards doing some crazy cool stuff.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The swap looks pretty straight forward I found a thread saying you can use your housing on the auto and just need clutch pedal, brake pedal, shifter exc.. never really swapped a trans on a car but hell these Volvos really pull me towards doing some crazy cool stuff.
Yeah, it's really straightforward. Pedal bracket is indeed the same, you just need the clutch and brake pedals themselves. I've swapped two P80s now, my V70R was my first manual swap (also swapped a Miata) and it made me realize that it's not really as big of a deal as a lot of people claim. Sure, it could be more complicated on some cars, but on these it's pretty easy, all things considered.

·
Registered
1999 C70 2.3HPT
135 Posts
Yeah, it's really straightforward. Pedal bracket is indeed the same, you just need the clutch and brake pedals themselves. I've swapped two P80s now, my V70R was my first manual swap (also swapped a Miata) and it made me realize that it's not really as big of a deal as a lot of people claim. Sure, it could be more complicated on some cars, but on these it's pretty easy, all things considered.
Nice man, it's my first year as a service technician so I work Saturdays luckily I have the access to a lift, a lot of techs where I'm at are to afraid to work on volvos, I'm in the process of trying to get transferred to a Volvo dealership our company just bought down in Boise Idaho. Free Vida subscription lol

·
Registered
854 Posts
Very cool, Hope you get the transfer to Boise. Has anyone PM'd Wendy to find out what happened to her car ? NNN its in Denver, not a wood shed candidate, but would be suitable for kindling

·
Registered
1999 C70 2.3HPT
135 Posts
Very cool, Hope you get the transfer to Boise. Has anyone PM'd Wendy to find out what happened to her car ? NNN its in Denver, not a wood shed candidate, but would be suitable for kindling
Yessir no response yet. And thanks my wife and I have been looking for a change, Spokane used to be a nicer place but now it's overcrowded and I can't wait to get away from the roads here lol replaced all my suspension parts and it's so stiff that everytime I hit a bump it's like I'm riding a wooden roller coaster lol, I used to live on dirt roads in BFE Ohio and they were nicer then our main roads here in Spokane lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts