SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1998 S70 GLT - 49K miles

2K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  Chilled Man 
#1 ·
If anyone is interested, I just listed my 98 Volvo S70 GLT on eBay. Nicely maintained car. 49K. No reserve - $4950 starting price.

As of this post the listing did not show up on ebay, as soon as it does I will provide a link (please let me know if it is not legit to post a link).

Thanks!

#4 ·
Re: 1998 S70 GLT - 49K miles (mumpsdba)

This is a very nice car, I saw it yesterday.
It's a shame
about the non heated seats and the door panels but such is life in Volvoland.
(The paint work is fine and to the uninitiated, no one would ever know.
A very good job was done with the side).

#6 ·
Re: 1998 S70 GLT - 49K miles (1999_V70)

Having heated seats wasn't a deal breaker for me. But for others it may be. I was searching for a low mile S70 GLT or T5 and found this one down in Fort Myers with 18.3K on it.

I honestly only missed them for a few days after driving my wife's Volvo that had them.

#7 ·

My parents bought a 2 year old (at the time) 2005 Lexus LS430 in Naples that had 4300 miles on it!

You can find some seriously low mileage cars in Florida. Wealthy snowbirds buy them to have down there and sell them when they want something new.

Anyway, good luck. Perfect car.

#8 ·

I have some door panels that look like they would match the top dash but would be darker than the rest of the interior.

#9 ·
Re: 1998 S70 GLT - 49K miles (Chris@Swedespeed)

Ever hear of Murphy's Law?

Car sold. It was to be picked up this coming Saturday. Took it out yesterday to top off the tank and get the oil changed for it's new owner. Stopped at a stop light and...

Aside from the sale falling apart, I've owned this car for 3.5 years and it really, really is (was) a creampuff. I am really bummed out. Other guys insurance has not seen the car yet and hard to tell how much this is going to cost...

#10 ·

It's going to be totaled. I've seen less damage on an S70 and it was totaled.
Take $5500 from their insurance company for the car and another 5 to 10K for your "back and neck" issues.
Nevertheless,
I suggest going to a doctor this week just to be sure as you WERE rear ended.

(I told you to sell it to me 3 weeks ago didn't I)?
and Steve I AM sorry, it was
a really nice car.

#12 ·

Steve, I'm sorry to see this. First and foremost, do get checked out. Jim is right. I've been rear-ended three times in my driving career and back/neck problems are real and can haunt you. I was smashed in the rear in my brand new '07 XC and my daughter and I still have problems. At least get it documented in case something shows up later. Good luck.

#14 ·
Re: 1998 S70 GLT - 49K miles (1999_V70)

Quote, originally posted by 1999_V70 »
Wow talk about bad luck...

...I was in the right lane doing 55MPH on the Scukyll Expressway!
Ahem

#16 ·
#17 ·
Re: 1998 S70 GLT - 49K miles (Sperry)

I learned to drive on the Surekill Expressway, I think I can handle driving on it. It's the idiots from **ahem** the dumpy parts of Philly that think it's a road designed for 80MPH cruising. It's not the Turnpike or AC Expressway.

Besides, it's rare you even get to go 55 considering it's a parking lot basically 24/7. There's traffic on the Surekill at 1PM on a Sunday.

#18 ·
So where did this car end up at ????

#23 ·
Re: (mumpsdba)

Guys, this should be brought over to the S70 forum, this is a for sale forum and this car AIN'T FOR SALE ANYMORE!
and I sure hope this is YOUR insurance company not the person who hit you.
It's none of their business, you deal with your company ONLY, you NEVER deal with the other party's company.

#24 ·
Re: (1999_V70)

Quote, originally posted by 1999_V70 »
Ha Justin smells a parts car.

that milage heck yeah .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.