SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested, I just listed my 98 Volvo S70 GLT on eBay. Nicely maintained car. 49K. No reserve - $4950 starting price.

As of this post the listing did not show up on ebay, as soon as it does I will provide a link (please let me know if it is not legit to post a link).

Thanks!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: 1998 S70 GLT - 49K miles (mumpsdba)

This is a very nice car, I saw it yesterday.
It's a shame
about the non heated seats and the door panels but such is life in Volvoland.
(The paint work is fine and to the uninitiated, no one would ever know.
A very good job was done with the side).

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: 1998 S70 GLT - 49K miles (1999_V70)

Having heated seats wasn't a deal breaker for me. But for others it may be. I was searching for a low mile S70 GLT or T5 and found this one down in Fort Myers with 18.3K on it.

I honestly only missed them for a few days after driving my wife's Volvo that had them.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts

My parents bought a 2 year old (at the time) 2005 Lexus LS430 in Naples that had 4300 miles on it!

You can find some seriously low mileage cars in Florida. Wealthy snowbirds buy them to have down there and sell them when they want something new.

Anyway, good luck. Perfect car.

·
Administrator
55,951 Posts

I have some door panels that look like they would match the top dash but would be darker than the rest of the interior.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: 1998 S70 GLT - 49K miles ([email protected])

Ever hear of Murphy's Law?

Car sold. It was to be picked up this coming Saturday. Took it out yesterday to top off the tank and get the oil changed for it's new owner. Stopped at a stop light and...

Aside from the sale falling apart, I've owned this car for 3.5 years and it really, really is (was) a creampuff. I am really bummed out. Other guys insurance has not seen the car yet and hard to tell how much this is going to cost...

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

It's going to be totaled. I've seen less damage on an S70 and it was totaled.
Take $5500 from their insurance company for the car and another 5 to 10K for your "back and neck" issues.
Nevertheless,
I suggest going to a doctor this week just to be sure as you WERE rear ended.

(I told you to sell it to me 3 weeks ago didn't I)?
and Steve I AM sorry, it was
a really nice car.

·
Registered
702 Posts

Steve, I'm sorry to see this. First and foremost, do get checked out. Jim is right. I've been rear-ended three times in my driving career and back/neck problems are real and can haunt you. I was smashed in the rear in my brand new '07 XC and my daughter and I still have problems. At least get it documented in case something shows up later. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: 1998 S70 GLT - 49K miles (VolvoStew)

Wow talk about bad luck...

When I had a deposit down on my V70 I still had to drive it over to PA one last time. You can bet your ass I was in the right lane doing 55MPH on the Scukyll Expressway!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: 1998 S70 GLT - 49K miles (1999_V70)

Quote, originally posted by 1999_V70 »
Wow talk about bad luck...

...I was in the right lane doing 55MPH on the Scukyll Expressway!
Ahem

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: 1998 S70 GLT - 49K miles (Sperry)

I learned to drive on the Surekill Expressway, I think I can handle driving on it. It's the idiots from **ahem** the dumpy parts of Philly that think it's a road designed for 80MPH cruising. It's not the Turnpike or AC Expressway.

Besides, it's rare you even get to go 55 considering it's a parking lot basically 24/7. There's traffic on the Surekill at 1PM on a Sunday.

·
Registered
16,980 Posts
So where did this car end up at ????

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (Chilled Man)

Still sitting in my garage. Insurance guy is coming out tomorrow morning to have a look.

BTW - I took the good advice and have seen a doctor.

Thanks to all.

Steve.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts