SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain why we can't use the ppc tuning on the obd II ports of the 98 but it is available on all later year models? What was the change and is this the case wiht all 98 models or just some?

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Maybe a difference between Motronic and ME7? Theoretically you should be able to do it to any car that tunes by way of software to the ECU. I imagine you're talking about BSR and what possibly IPD will be offering in the near future?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re: 1998 ppc tuning (tomfoolery)

The PPC isnt compatible with the ME7, the 1998 and 1999+ have some major differences, such as ETM, ME7....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 1998 ppc tuning (volvoboi24)

so i'm stuck sending the unit off for programming, huh?<br>Performance specs the same?

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
IPD should have a softloader out soon that is sent to the customer for him/her to do on their own. There's a thread about it here on S.S. under the IPD badge. It's suppose to be coming at us next month.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Re: (MadeInJapan)

Currently you do have to send ipd your ECU, but the projected horsepower, torque and boost gains are greater for the 98-99 C70's so there is a bright side to having the Motronic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts