·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1997 Volvo 850 R - Exterior: Graphite Gray Metallic /// Interior: Black
SOLD
129,xxx Miles /// VIN: YV1LS5821V2369904
2nd Owner and at 90k miles Overall Maintenance
165 - 165 - 165 - 165 - 165 Compression done by Volvo Dealership in Texas where I bought it from.

LINK TO CARFAX REPORT

ALL OEM
Blue Coolant Flush
Water Pump
Timing Belt
All pulleys
All tensioners
PCV Done (Extra set included)
Stage Zero (Spark Plugs, Wires, Dizzy Cap, Rotor, etc.)
New antenna Mast
OEM Remote (I have never seen this before) for Stock stereo WITH 6 Disc Changer
All Season Mats and Summer Mats
Front calipers and brake flush
Front Axle replacements in last 5k miles
Wheel hubs replaced in last 2k miles

Mods
16t Turbo with new actuator
Silicone Intake Hoses
EST Intake
STACK Boost Gauge
Euro Turn Signals
ARD Green Tune
MBC with Stock one also
OMP Strut Brace Black
All around Bilstien TC Struts and Shocks (done at 110k miles) w/ Kilen Springs
302 mm Front ATE Slotted Rotors
ATE Rear Slotted Rotors
Akebono Pads all around
SS Brake lines all around
Straight OEM Ported Exhaust flange (not installed but included)

Known Issues
Car was in a very mild fender bender. Utility van backed up at 5 mph at a stop sign and ran into the front of the car. Mild damage but the car was called a “Total Loss” by the other guy’s insurance because the shop wanted $3000 for a full hood and bumper, which was hardly scratched. Car is NOT SALVAGED as I have confirmed with the DMV and insurance multiple times. I can provide a CarFax to show current status. You need to be sure to check with your insurance to ensure it can be insured (each state and insurance is different). My insurance (Nationwide) in VA allow it to be insured but not for collision since insurance called it a total loss. I believe there are a couple bulbs out in the cluster and where the gear shifter is.

Price
Price Drop, $4100 OBO
Includes everything listed and I am sure there are other things I can throw in there that I have that are volvo related that I did not mention. I think I have an extra steering pump in my barn.
Other

The car is going to be fully detailed inside and out before sold. This will include a full clay bar, polish and get rid of some minor oxidation on the hood and roof. This is no cost to the owner, I will do this before it is sold. It will be done by a professional detailer in the DC Metro Area.

Pictures

Cross post from http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/171262-1997-volvo-850-r-gray-ext-black-int-129xxx-miles/

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Hit that exterior plastic trim with some Forever Black Trim Dye and it will really sharpen up the look. Great looking car! GLWS

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that a US car? That's very rare in that color. Was it repainted gray.
It is a US car with MPH. It is a very rare color. I know the entire history of the car from when it was sold to an Air Force Colonel

Hit that exterior plastic trim with some Forever Black Trim Dye and it will really sharpen up the look. Great looking car! GLWS
I have that and will do when it gets closer to sale. I am having it fully detailed soon.

Super rare if that paint is original and it sounds like owner has no idea what he has.....

GLWS. Should go fast.
I know exactly what I have :D I just dont have time to work/drive it anymore.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Is that a US car? That's very rare in that color. Was it repainted gray.
Come on CJ you know this car... it was all over VS the past 5-8 years...

·
Registered
569 Posts
Super rare if that paint is original and it sounds like owner has no idea what he has.....

GLWS. Should go fast.
Classic SS.

It's rarer than a yellow wagon... he knows that much.

Awesome car, and great seller. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
engine pics? passenger side pics?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let me see what I can get posted. I am at work and when I get home it is dark. Passenger seat is in amazing condition since no one ever rode with me on a regular basis. I will work on the engine pictures. A little dirty but nothing bad.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I still want this but just cannot swing it right now. GLWS

I am going to regret not picking this up....

·
Registered
16,683 Posts
Come on guys! Read the builders plate!!!

Paint code 427 = Graphite Gray Metallic
Engine code 58 = B5234T5 (which is the engine for the R, wasn't used in any other 850s)
Gearbox Code 1 = M56 (The 850R never came from the factory with a M56 - would have been M59, gearbox code = 2, if manual - which makes this an impossible VIN for a UN spec car. If this was a UN market car I believe the gearbox code for the AW50-42le would be 6. This discrepancy is explained by the fact that US market cars have some sort of check code in position 9 of the VIN.)

So everything here checks out.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
so you have the ARD green tune, 16T, + stock IC and stock DP+exhaust at 17psi?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts