SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD
Selling a 1996 Volvo 850 R wagon. Needs engine, original one overheated. Body and interior are in decent shape. Very rare car. Must be towed

Asking $850 firm
CASH ONLY!!! No trades
I'm in 30102

·
Registered
15,382 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Would probably be handing him $1500 for the pair if he lived closer...prob a good thing, since I can’t finish anything before adding more

·
Registered
933 Posts
"Decent" shape is an exaggeration for this one. Still, 850R for $850 should be well worth it for someone who really wants one for a project, however finding used good body inner/outer parts has become difficult.

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
"Decent" shape is an exaggeration for this one. Still, 850R for $850 should be well worth it for someone who really wants one for a project, however finding used good body inner/outer parts has become difficult.
This shell looks to be in better shape than most of the 850Rs I see for sale that run and drive. By American standards, this is pretty decent cosmetically. $850 is a steal if it's as clean as it looks and the paint is original.

·
Registered
391 Posts
This shell looks to be in better shape than most of the 850Rs I see for sale that run and drive.
How do you fix the curled up dashboard section? Do you replace the whole dash pad?

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
How do you fix the curled up dashboard section? Do you replace the whole dash pad?
Yeah I would just replace the dash pad. In theory it should be possible to fix and I have some ideas but the supply of good dash pads is not yet depleted enough for me to bother figuring it out.

Hard to say what might be hiding in areas that aren't pictured, but that dash pad and repairing the messed up lower skin on the driver's seat are the only things I see wrong here that shouldn't be relatively easy JY finds.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yeah I would just replace the dash pad. In theory it should be possible to fix and I have some ideas but the supply of good dash pads is not yet depleted enough for me to bother figuring it out.
The supply of decent 850 parts is very low here. I've only seen about three 850's here in the JY and they were trashed. I lucked out and got my roof rails from a V70.

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
The supply of decent 850 parts is very low here. I've only seen about three 850's here in the JY and they were trashed. I lucked out and got my roof rails from a V70.
It's very low here, too, but patience is still winning out over innovation. I think that will change soon, however.

·
Registered
391 Posts
East coast would seem to have a better selection. There's nothing here but pickups and SUV's.

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
East coast would seem to have a better selection. There's nothing here but pickups and SUV's.
I would score that as a cultural problem lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts