SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well-equipped black 1997 850 awd for sale<BR>. 125,000 km ~ 78,000 miles<BR>. 5 speed manual transmission<BR>. power, heated, leather seats (both with memory), am/fm/tape/cd<BR>. wood trim, trip computer, sunroof with wind deflector, security cover, floor and cargo area winter trays<BR>. block heater, roof rails & cross bars, 4 snow tires on steel wheels, tracs, alarm, immobilizer<P>$25,000 Canadian<BR>. can be viewed in Toronto area <BR>

·
Registered
439 Posts
Wow that's a rare car. Anyone know if NHTSA has okayed these cars for US ownership, or do you just fail to tell them it's awd?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Evolvo:<BR><B>Wow that's a rare car. Anyone know if NHTSA has okayed these cars for US ownership, or do you just fail to tell them it's awd?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I checked with a Cdn dealer in a border city, and the suggestion is that you will have a hard time importing this car because it has not been EPA tested. I know of one person who imported a 1998 v70 awd with a manual transmissions into the US from Canada. I am not sure if there was full disclosure, or if he simply *forgot* to tell customs that the car is equipped with a manual transmission.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts