SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale is a 1996 850 turbo automatic. The car has a clean title and registration is current to September of this year. The car has ~148K. There are service records from the previous owners. I have most of my receipts for parts I've purchased for the car and installed, and also for oil changes. Oil was changed every 4-6K miles. I have done a lot of work to keep up the maintenance of the car, as outlined a little farther below.

The timing belt, tensioners, and water pump were done at the 125K mile mark. The a/c works, and the heater works too. The dashboard does not have any cracks. The car has the Volvo 6 disc cd changer in the trunk. Here are a list of some of the many things that were done as preventive maintenance or for increased performance:

Performance/Aesthetics:
-OBX turbo back exhaust
-19T turbo with ~22K miles
-Front mount intercooler with 2.5" piping
-Snabb intake pipe
-IPD HD bypass valve
-IPD Stage 1 ecu
-White injectors
-Japan manifold
-Chrome front grill
-Rear trunk lip spoiler
-S70 black side moldings
-16x7 wheels with new tires
-Kicker door speakers front and rear

Maintenance:
-New timing belt, tensioners, and water pump
-New heater core
-IPD PCV valve kit/flame trap
-All 4 wheel bearings replaced
-New CV axles for both driver and passenger side (~20K miles ago)
-New radiator overflow tank and cap
-Sylvania Ultrastar headlights
-New spark plug wires, spark plugs, distributor cap, and rotor
-IPD urethane upper engine mount
-Transmission flush 10K miles ago
-New front brake lines, front calipers, and cross drilled rotors/pads
-Refurbished TRACS system, new ABS wheel sensors
-New oxygen sensors
-New tie rods, ball joints
-New fuel filter ~15K miles ago

Due to the car running the OBX exhaust, it will not pass smog inspection until the stock exhaust is put back on. The car will be sold as is, and I will leave the smog inspection up to the new owner to do. I have the stock exhaust, stock intercooler, injectors and some other parts that the new owner can have. This car was my wife's car, however she wants to drive something smaller so the Volvo has to go.

In the interest of full disclosure, the car's body does have some dings and scratches. This was done by the previous owner who was a college graduate student and parked at an apartment complex. I have taken photos to show where most of the blemishes are. The car does leak a little oil from the oil drain line. I believe it just needs a new o-ring for drain tube or gasket at the turbo. Apart from that, the car is very solid.

Please feel free to ask any questions. The price for the car is $2900 obo. Feel free to make offers. Below are some photos. I can be reached via PM or you can contact me at 858 922 5 0 9 6. Thanks.

EDIT*: New front cross drilled rotors and pads will be installed this weekend. (parts are still enroute to me)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump. To answer some questions: I am the 4th owner of the vehicle. The title is clean. I do have the original owners manual and lots of paperwork from when the car was new.

There are 2 folders for all the work done plus any all receipts for parts/maintenance I have done to the car. The car has a lifetime alignment at the Firestone service station, and I can get a free alignment done before the car is sold to double check it is within specs.

If there are any other questions, feel free to PM or text me. I am also open to offers. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts